Wedding Cake ????

Decorating By CreativeGirl220 Updated 17 Jul 2008 , 2:37pm by CreativeGirl220

CreativeGirl220 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CreativeGirl220 Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 8:07pm
post #1 of 4

I'm suppose 2 make a wedding cake in a couple of days. She said she had a heart with a pick instead of the bride and groom. She wants to insert it on to the 2nd cake and not the top. So I know I need to use the stacked and push in pillar construction. This contains a 10in., 8in, and a 6in cake. To set it up right I wanted to know do I need to take the 10in. cake and add dowel rods, then a cake board and add the 8 in. cake, and then take the push in pillars push it through the 8 in. cake and then the plate and then the 6in cake. But then I thought wouldn't it fall because how are the push in pillars supported if its just on cardboard and only supported by the cake or am I wrong?

Or do I take the 10 in. cake and put dowel rods in them and add a seperator plate instead of the cakeboard and put the 8 in. cake on it with the push in pillars connected to it that way its supported and then there's the 6 in. Which way is the right way?

3 replies
alanahodgson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alanahodgson Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 9:51pm
post #2 of 4

Don't the push in pillars take the place of dowel rods? The pillars should sit on the plate below the 10" cake and connect to the seperator plate above, right? The 8" cake is supported by the pillars. Then the 6" cake also goes on a seperator plate and you push the pillars down till they touch the plate that the 8" plate is sitting on. At least that's how I'd do it.

CreativeGirl220 Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 10:17pm
post #3 of 4

I know what you're talking about but thats just the push in pillar construction. I need the 10in and 8in to be stacked on top of each other. Then a big space between the 8in and the 6in so that an ornament that has a pick to stick into the cake goes on that 2nd cake which is the 8in. Just wondering how to construct it.
LL

CreativeGirl220 Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 2:37pm
post #4 of 4

I talked to Wilton Customer Service and they under stood what I was saying so I got it now.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%