Expiration On Sprinkles And Other Things

Decorating By SHADDI Updated 16 Jul 2008 , 3:27pm by pattigunter

SHADDI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SHADDI Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 3:22pm
post #1 of 2

As i got up today. i said to my self i should go through all of my cake things and throw out what i don't need and that are expired. so i got to the sprinkles and i don't find a expiration on them. so i was wondering to my self "i wonder how long are this things good for" well i now that the sugar one are ok for a long time but what about the chocolate ones....

then i found a color flow mix that i never used, never been opened but it has no exp. on it. and i know i have had it on hand for a while like about 3 or 4 yrs. cause i don't do color flow. (well not at this time, but will soon, i think) and also how about piping gel

and how about fillings the pre-made one like strawberry and coconut filling. i got it at the cake supple store but haven't got a chance to use it how long do thay last . they have not been opened. i got it like 3 mth ago. are they still ok or should i throw it away....

you just don't know how many time i said to my self when i found something "oh wow i have this" to the thing i couldn't remember that i had. this is another reason why i do this. cause i find things i didn't remember i had bought and i could of used on some of my past cakes to make things easier. It's like a kick in my behind when i think what i could have done better/faster.

ok these are the thing i asked for about expiration:

sprinkles (the chocolate ones)
color flow mix (power in the can by wilton)
cake filling (pre-made filling from the cake supple store, the long bags)
gum paste mix (powder in the can from wilton, never been open)
wilton color mist spray
piping gel by wilton

thanks ahead of time for your help

shaddi

1 reply
pattigunter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattigunter Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 3:27pm
post #2 of 2

I'd also like to know the answer to your question. I'd like to add edible images to the list too.

I have some that are approaching 1 year old. I buy them when I find them on sale.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%