Cake Boards

Decorating By relybee Updated 16 Jul 2008 , 12:48am by turtle3264

relybee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
relybee Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 9:11pm
post #1 of 5

I don't do a LOT of cakes, so I don't really want to buy a bunch of cake boards/boxes for those I do. I've been using just some wood that DH cut and covered it. The only problem is there is no cover with that. Anyone have ideas for what to use without buying boxes? Thanks!

4 replies
jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 12:36am
post #2 of 5

I do mostly sheet type cakes, so I use boxes for those. If it is tiered and will not fit in a box, I usually deliver it uncovered. If I feel a need to cover it, I will wrap it very loosely in plastic wrap. Is that what you mean?

turtle3264 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
turtle3264 Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 12:46am
post #3 of 5

If I am doing a cake to take to a dinner somewhere, I use a plastic cake carrier. I have a round one and a rectangle one. I got them from Hobby Lobby. I just take the top off when I get where I am going. If you are giving the cakes to someone else, you could always just buy one box whenever you need it.

turtle3264 Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 12:47am
post #4 of 5

If I am doing a cake to take to a dinner somewhere, I use a plastic cake carrier. I have a round one and a rectangle one. I got them from Hobby Lobby. I just take the top off when I get where I am going. If you are giving the cakes to someone else, you could always just buy one box whenever you need it.

turtle3264 Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 12:48am
post #5 of 5

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%