Stopped Smoking Anniversary Cake!

Decorating By Danielle111 Updated 28 Jul 2008 , 1:01pm by Danielle111

Danielle111 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Danielle111 Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 4:16pm
post #1 of 16

Hi all, I just received a request this morning from a gentleman who wants to order a cigarette cake for a friend of his who quit smoking a year ago. I have several ideas floating around, but I'll probably never get a request like this again, so it may be my only opportunity to send a positive anti-smoking message through my website. I've picked a few pictures from the internet which reflect what he wants the cake to look like, but I can't quite seem to figure out how to make the cigarette look unappealing, while still making the cake appealing to eat. Any ideas? Thank you so much for your help!

This is the picture I chose (the cigarette would be a 3-D carved cake, on top of a white 9x13, and I'd like to add some things around the base to signify what he has said "goodbye" to, like throwing money away, yellow teeth, lung cancer, carcinogens, etc.)
LL

15 replies
Petit-four Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Petit-four Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 5:25pm
post #2 of 16

It doesn't quite fit with the theme, but a heart-shaped cake, with "Thank you [name], love, your heart (and kids)" might work.

Sort of cute, but maybe not what you want?

KASCARLETT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KASCARLETT Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 6:04pm
post #3 of 16

I don't know if I would even put a cigarette on it because (IMO) those things are nasty! lol And I can't even imagine eating one, even if it is cake.

I like the previous idea, too.

But maybe just something like "Congratulations on your 1-year cigarette-free anniversary!" Depending on if it's a male or female, you could chose the border colors accordingly.

Danielle111 Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 6:06pm
post #4 of 16

Thank you, what a great idea! It's not quite what I'm looking for for this particular cake, but maybe a subsequent cake? (you never know which cake will spawn orders for more and earn you a niche in that field...) This gentleman specifically wanted the cake to be a cigarette, so I need to keep it along those lines.

I was thinking maybe a cartoon face on the cigarette with x's for eyes? That way, it won't just look like a gross stubbed-out cigarette on a cake...

karennayak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karennayak Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 6:23pm
post #5 of 16

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=49274

This is one I did, for exactly the same occasion.

All the best with your cake.
Karen

KASCARLETT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KASCARLETT Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 6:28pm
post #6 of 16

LOL Karen! That is so cute!!

BigTexinWV Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BigTexinWV Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 8:01pm
post #7 of 16

What if you did an ashtray with lots of cigarettes? "Congrats on kicking Butt" icon_lol.gif

HAHA Get it!?!?!

(Lame I know)

AllCakedOut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AllCakedOut Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 8:07pm
post #8 of 16

What about a foot stepping on a cigarette, with the very cute "congrats on kicking butt" message mentioned above?

lovetofrost Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovetofrost Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 8:12pm
post #9 of 16

I am VERY anti-smoking as my grandfather just passed away 8 months ago from cancer. I am excited to see how it turns out.

What about an ashtray with the cigarette being put out. there is a picture on anti-smoking.org. Hope this helps. And congrats on getting a cake for a good cause.

AllCakedOut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AllCakedOut Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 8:13pm
post #10 of 16

Actually, now that i think of it, I think a boot with a cigarette on a curly wire coming out of the toe of the boot would be cute. Maybe some jagged pieces also coming out of the boot.. a la the old Batman;s "POW" balloons..

Danielle111 Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 10:10pm
post #11 of 16

Nice!! Thank you guys for all of the great ideas! You are, hands-down, the number 1 source for creativity!!

I'll forward a couple of these ideas on to the client and see which one he chooses. I'll post a pic once the cake is donw on the 27th. Thanks again, you guys are just great.

Danielle111 Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 5:19pm
post #12 of 16

Thank you guys so much for all of your help! Here's what the client ended up with (he ended up liking the original picture more than anything else, so that's what he got) icon_smile.gif
LL

lovetofrost Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovetofrost Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 7:00pm
post #13 of 16

That cake turned out AWESOME. You did a fabulous job. Could you send me directions? I have a cousin that just quit smoking after 15 years and that would be a great cake to celebrate with. Thanks

Prudence Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Prudence Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 7:16pm
post #14 of 16

Great job!! I love that cake. It is very original and a great way to celebrate kicking the habit!!

gabbenmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gabbenmom Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 7:17pm
post #15 of 16

Your cake looks great! It couldn't look more realistic! I am sure they loved it! And for such a great reason to celebrate!!!

Danielle111 Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 1:01pm
post #16 of 16

Thanks everyone! He absolutely loved it. Love to Frost - I'm going to try to get instructions typed up, but I don't know exactly when that will be. I'll send everyone who asked a PM once they're done. icon_smile.gifOh, and if you need them before then, send me a PM and I'll see what I can do. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%