Damask....where Can I Find This Stencil????

Decorating By aa053103 Updated 15 Jul 2008 , 2:04pm by CakeWhizz

aa053103 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aa053103 Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 2:39am
post #1 of 8

Ok, so my friend's cousin wants me to do her wedding cake. She sent me a picture of the cake from Martha Stewart's website.

http://www.marthastewart.com/article/cakes-inspired-by-fabric-damask

I know it's a Damask stencil but I can't find anyone who sells this particular one. I did find the other one of the white and pink cake on www.designerstencils.com but not for the blue and brown cake.

http://www.designerstencils.com/

Is it the same stencil? Am I just overlooking it? Help!!!!

7 replies
alanahodgson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alanahodgson Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 3:19am
post #2 of 8

Item C403 is very similar to the blue one-at least the center piece. If you read the text that goes with the blue/brown cake, it says the designs were hand piped on waxed paper that was placed over the design. I'm not sure you'll find the exact same design in a stencil, but does it really have to be identical? If so, they do make custom cut stencils.

aa053103 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aa053103 Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 3:25am
post #3 of 8

I don't know at this point if it has to be identical. I don't want to go crazy looking for this if it doesn't exist. I'm going to show her the other cake to see what she says. The theme she chose for her wedding ir moroccan. She sent me a picture of a table clothe she has and wanted something like that or like the cake.

starra328 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
starra328 Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 3:31am
post #4 of 8

THat cake is in her wedding cake book , i know she gives directions so i'll check and post tomorrow if there's a website.

mija10417 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mija10417 Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 3:37am
post #5 of 8

Not sure if this helps or not but I just found two different damask stencil sets in Michael's. After seeing that MS cake I also wanted to do one but didn't want to spend that much for a stencil. I got them for $2 and change each. They're very pretty and each set has a bunch of different designs.

starra328 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
starra328 Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 1:40pm
post #6 of 8

Sorry no website. She doesn't use a stencil , she scanned a swatch of fabric , then printed in duplicate. She first piped the outline then ,filled in the rest with thinned out royal icing

sweetideas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetideas Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 1:55pm
post #7 of 8

I love that cake! How very beautiful! Please post your pic after you make it. I think she just scanned fabric. Sorry, not sure.

CakeWhizz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeWhizz Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 2:04pm
post #8 of 8

I love the cake too and I am hoping to do it one of these days. Please post a picture when you've made it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%