Yay!she Is Walking!

Lounge By tenleysmommy Updated 16 Jul 2008 , 1:10pm by michellenj

tenleysmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tenleysmommy Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 12:31am
post #1 of 8

I am so excited my baby girl has started walking.She is almost 11 months and has been trying for weeks,but the past two days she has done nothing but walk.I just had to share,for anyone with children I am sure they know how this feels.Its amazing!

7 replies
lardbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lardbutt Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 12:39am
post #2 of 8

Awww, congratulations! It is so fun to see them walk for the first time. My baby is 8 months and is not crawling yet! The little booger will scoot to get what she wants.

If she follows our "schedule" she should walk at 13 months. She is the 5th baby and they all started walking one month later than the one before them. The first one walked at 9 months, and the rest followed at 10, 11 and 12 months!

We'll have to see if she got the memo or not.

Well now you have a whole new set of worries as to what your little girl can get into!

tenleysmommy Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 1:10am
post #3 of 8

She started crawling at 5 months,never scooted and didn't sit on her butt until she was 9 and a half months.Wow the 5th icon_eek.gif and you have time to be here.Talk about WonderMom!

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 4:07pm
post #4 of 8

Ooh, you're in trouble now, Tenley'smommy! You better lock everything up. With my dd I was so anxious for her to walk, and she did it the week she turned a year. With ds, I didn't want him to walk, did whatever I could not to encourage it, and of course he started walking the day after he turned 10 months. icon_cry.gif At 12 months, the little monkey was climbing out of his crib. Now, he's 3 1/2 and I'm barely hanging onto my sanity icon_razz.gif I'm surprised he's not driving my car yet.

mkerton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkerton Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 3:18am
post #5 of 8

ha my first walked at 8 months, and I was so excited about that for about a week, then I realized an 8 month old has no sense at all!!! He looked like a battered child for what seemed like months.... the little girl I babysat walked at 11 months, it was a much smoother transition.......it will be interesting to see what my daughter does (but will be awhile as she is only 6 weeks old).....

Congrats Momma, just wait, I bet she wont want to sit in the cart anymore at the store......that DROVE ME CRAZY, doing any sort of shopping took forever!

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 4:13am
post #6 of 8

Congrats! That's so exciting!

I'm not sure how old my youngest was when she first walked. I know I caught her walking one day...perfect little steps across the living room...and after that she could do it perfectly. I think she was practicing when I wasn't looking icon_lol.gif She was about ten months when I caught her.

One of my neighbors told me that we spend the first year trying to get them to walk and talk, and the next 17 telling them to sit down and quiet down icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

tenleysmommy Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 12:30pm
post #7 of 8

Yesterday,she decided walking wasnt good enough and started to run.Well needless to say the run fell into a tumble right smack into the coffee table.Luckily it is oval,but she has one heck of a goose egg on her forhead. icon_lol.gif Now I have to put some shoes on her so she can practice,she loves to go outside with her older cousins.And now she can.

Its all very exciting,but I miss my newborn that I could hold for hours and would'nt try to squirm away! icon_lol.gif

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 1:10pm
post #8 of 8

Eating out will be no fun for about three years, except for McDonalds playland.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%