80Th Birthday Cake For Grandma

Decorating By khasbargen Updated 14 Jul 2008 , 6:51pm by PaulaT

khasbargen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
khasbargen Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 6:23pm
post #1 of 2

Ok, so I started caken' about 3 1/2 years ago when I had a "reason" to start! My baby came along, and I wanted nothing but the best for him on his brithdays...so here I sit, love making cakes now and I was asked to make an 80th Birthday cake for my Grandmother!! I'm really excited, but this is huge to me I feel!! Being asked was a great feeling! So here I sit with a pretty blank canves in front of me and I would love some ideas if you would have any!

Here's what she likes: pink and black (worried that black would be "a horrable idea" on and 80th birthday care, I disagree! I love the color combo!) she likes iris, daisys and white roses for flowers. She likes white cake with lemon flavor, so that's easy enough!!

I just need some ideas. We're expecting about 50 family members to join us, so I was thinking a 10" and a 8" stacked cake. Round. Another other thought??

Thanks for taking the time to read this! I really look up to so many of you on CC!! This site is just so much fun!! TIA!!

1 reply
PaulaT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PaulaT Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 6:51pm
post #2 of 2

Hi,
Sounds like you have the ideas right in front of you. Maybe an 8" and 10 or 12" white cake with lemon mousse filling. Iced in white b/c with black satin ribbon around it. Decor - some white and or pink roses, daisies and a few iris with a pink border - stunning!! Have fun and please post a pic of your masterpiece! Have a great day and enjoy making that pretty cake!! icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%