White Cake With Raspberry Swirl In The Cake...

Decorating By wgoat5 Updated 15 Jul 2008 , 3:11am by PinkZiab

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 11:23pm
post #1 of 15

Can this be done???? And does anybody have a recipe?

icon_smile.gif

Thanks amillion icon_smile.gif

14 replies
bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 11:33pm
post #2 of 15

Make it like a marble cake -- get either a raspberry jam or that stuff in a sleeve and blop a few areas with raspberry into a cake batter and lightly swirl for a marbled look. I don't see why that wouldn't work...

3GCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
3GCakes Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 11:38pm
post #3 of 15

Perhaps with raspberry preserves...or a raspberry flavored cake (like a strawberry cake, then swirled like a marble cake?) or with raspberry jello like a poke cake?

I am only guessing. I hope no one asks me for complicated stuff like this I think I will limit my repetoire to white, yellow, choco, or strawberry. I hate the thought of having to invent stuff to please a customer. (Decorations, I don't mind, but baking....that's like inventing new chemicals to cure diseases....not my thing)
Hopefully, I will learn from what ever anyone else tells you.

msauer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msauer Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 11:43pm
post #4 of 15

Hey Christi- I saw a thread about this some time ago. Apparantly there was a bakery in this person's town who used to do a cake like this. The owners of the bakery would not share their secrets so the CC member was trying to figure it out.

After a few failed attempts, they discovered if they used a cake mix with the box of pudding and the extra egg, the raspberry would stay suspended and not sink to the bottom of the pan. The raspberry they used was the brand that comes in a squeeze bottle.

I bet I saved the thread...I'll try and find it for ya (and then you have to bake me one! LOL!!!)

-Michelle

msauer Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 11:51pm
post #5 of 15

I'm baaaaack!!!!

Okeey Dokeey- I found the thread, but the problem is that it apparantly got wiped out a few months back when CC had their little snafu.

However, bearcreek350 is the person who started the thread and then posted how she figured it out. Maybe you could PM her for the details!

Have a good night....

I've got nerve being on here right now...I have so many cakes for tomorrow I need to get back to work!!! I just needed a little CC "hit" to get me goin' again!

-Michelle

wgoat5 Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 11:54pm
post #6 of 15

icon_smile.gif Thank you all

Thanks Michelle!!! I thought that is what I heard icon_smile.gif

Now to only find the raspberry icon_smile.gif

msauer Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 12:20am
post #7 of 15

Didn't they say it was in the jelly aisle at the grocery store or something? I can't remember specifically if it IS jelly or maybe a preserve.

Ahem....the address to which you can mail me my cake is.....

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

J/K!!!!

Have a good one!!!

ahuvas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ahuvas Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 1:18am
post #8 of 15

Have you seen the new pans with a heart shaped centre from wiltons?

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 1:21am
post #9 of 15

If you need this for today, this will probably not work out in time... But I LOVE Hero flavoring compounds. They come in raspberry too and I just add it to my white cake batter. Then yes, you just swirl the 2 like regular marble.

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 13 Jul 2008 , 6:10am
post #10 of 15
sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 2:14am
post #11 of 15

when i was searching for the recipe and technique several months back. i found that most of them were basically the same. reserve 1 cup of cake batter and add raspberry preserves to it. ( i also added extra rasp. flavouring too), pour or drip over white cake batter in pan and lightly swirl your spatula through it. dont mix too much otherwise it will be marble.

it worked, but i found that not every serving would have a showing of the swirl, and i didn;t think it was any thing special, sounded good though.

shanasweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanasweets Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 2:35am
post #12 of 15

Well, this is so funny that I am seeing this right now. I just pulled mine out of the oven 1/2 hour ago. I made a wasc. Squeezed some rasp. filling from sleeve and then took a knife and swirled it around some. I haven't cut it yet, but the top is pretty. I am goiing to torte and put cream cheese icing in between. Great minds think alike.

wgoat5 Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 9:11pm
post #13 of 15

Thank you all SOOO much icon_smile.gif

YUM... I wish I had some made right now icon_smile.gif

shanasweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanasweets Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 2:32am
post #14 of 15

just to follow up. I cut into the rasp. swirl/marble cake today a work party. It was good. Going to have to work on my swirl method though. Half the cake had no rasp at all. Would have been the portion that baked on bottom. How do I make the swirl/marble go down throughout the cake better.

PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 3:11am
post #15 of 15
Quote:
Quote:

How do I make the swirl/marble go down throughout the cake better.

half your batter in the pan, swirl it, then the rest of the batter and swirl again.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%