Whats The Best Dvd For Learning Gumpaste Flowers

Decorating By danijus Updated 17 Jul 2008 , 10:36pm by danijus

danijus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
danijus Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 10:13pm
post #1 of 13

Sorry if there is already a thread on this, but I couldn't find one. I would love to find a good dvd for learning gumpaste flowers. I just purchased one but didn't think it was very good. There were no close ups and she went really fast and you really couldn't see what she was doing. I'm so sick of wasting money. Can anyone tell me if there is a good one out there?

12 replies
jo_ann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jo_ann Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 11:30pm
post #2 of 13

I love Nicholas Lodge's dvd's. GSA carries them.

ibmoser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibmoser Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 12:57am
post #3 of 13

I second Nic Lodge's - they are all wonderful. Each DVD covers at least two different flowers. Order from his store or from Global.

TooMuchCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TooMuchCake Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 1:20am
post #4 of 13

Michele Foster (Sugarflowers here on CC) has a dvd out on how to do her gorgeous gumpaste heart-shaped floral arrangement.

www.lickthespoonproductions.com

Deanna

danijus Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 2:10am
post #5 of 13

I guess I have to get some Nicholas Lodge videos. Now the only problem is which one? I want them all.

Starr_Brite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Starr_Brite Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 3:14am
post #6 of 13

I like the roses/wedding cakes video and the one with the Gardenia and Peony

danijus Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 1:25pm
post #7 of 13

OOOH I would love the peony one. But I really need help with my roses. Guess I know what I'll be asking for for my bday this year. Are these dvds good for complete beginners?

jo_ann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jo_ann Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 1:44pm
post #8 of 13

I think so. You might want to buy the ISAC video first. He shows how to make the 5 petal rose step by step on that one. But they are all great.

CakesByLJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByLJ Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 1:59pm
post #9 of 13
loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 2:12pm
post #10 of 13

Oh I agree, Nick has the BEST Dvds! I have all of them. They are more then worth it. I watch them and take notes, as he is VERY detailed! I have purchased a lot of DVDs and I watch them once, get it, and then no longer need them. Not Nick's. I pick up new stuff all the time!

I agree, a good one to start with is the roses one! His wedding cake one is terrific too!

Iloveweddings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Iloveweddings Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 5:49pm
post #11 of 13

Why has no one mentioned dvd's by Scott Clark Woolley ?

leannsloan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leannsloan Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 6:00pm
post #12 of 13

Scott Clark Woolley had some amazing dvd they are high but you learn so many flowers and you get a clear and close up look at what he is doing email him he will send you a dvd overview so you can see what is on each dvd [email protected] his website is www.cakesbydesign.cc Sugar Wand Enterprises he has some great tools I hope this helps

danijus Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 10:36pm
post #13 of 13

I checked out some of his previews. They look great but way out of my price range right now. I wish the library carried some dvd's.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%