Marble Cake Question

Decorating By WILCOX2005 Updated 11 Jul 2008 , 12:38pm by gottabakenow

WILCOX2005 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WILCOX2005 Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 11:52pm
post #1 of 7

My son is turning 10 on the 17th we are having his big party on the 20th. He wants me to make him a marble cake and decorate it camoflage. I got my help fore the coloring thanks to those who helped with that. Now I need help with recipes for making the cake marble. I have never made one before. Any and all help is greatly appricated.

6 replies
Jayde Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jayde Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 12:04am
post #2 of 7

I just mix up my two batters. Then take scoops (I usually use 1 cup, measuring cups) of your batter and alternate scoops of each different kind of batter, into your greased pan. Take the tip of a knife and swirl when you have got your pan full. Dont drag the knife tip along the bottom though, it will scrap off your pan grease, and make your cake stick.

HTH

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 12:04am
post #3 of 7

simple....

chocolate batter and yellow/white cake batter.

easy way if only making one recipe/one box of mix:

make yellow/white batter to do whole cake.

divide into two portions.

to one portion add cocoa powder, 2 TBS or more to taste (may want to add a tad more sugar as well). Blend well.

now you have both flavors.

(if doing 2 boxes -- the one each white and chocolate)

then depending upon how coordinated you are.

pour both batters into pan at same time -- swirling around as you go (takes two well coordinated strong hands -- son could provide one set!)

or

pour yellow batter first.

then pour on chocolate in a thin stream while swirling around --- use knife to swirl more if needed.
or
use spoon to put blobs of chocolate all around in the yellow and then use knife to swirl it into the yellow.

depending upon how much batter I'm dealing with,

for small amounts -- both at same time

for large amounts -- yellow then pour chocolate and use knife as needed

WILCOX2005 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WILCOX2005 Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 12:57am
post #4 of 7

Thanks you two so far. I make cakes from scratch it is what all my kids want. They just love to see what mom makes them because it is their special request of me. I love doing it for them.

kellieschwabl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellieschwabl Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 1:07am
post #5 of 7

I make my yellow from scratch. Once the batter is made I take out about 1/3 of it and mix in melted semi sweet choc chips - it is very good!

aswartzw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aswartzw Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 12:12pm
post #6 of 7

Make white or yellow cake, reserve 1/3 batter and put in melted chocolate or chocolate syrup. Then spoon it on and swirl!

gottabakenow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gottabakenow Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 12:38pm
post #7 of 7

I seem to have a unique way of doing marble cake. icon_wink.gif

I make a white batter (would also work with yellow), and mix 4 tbsp cocoa, 3 tbsp sugar, and enough hot water to make it a thin paste- you don't want it too liquidy and not too thick either. then pour the batter in the pan and swirl the chocolate mixture in. I make marble cake SO MUCH and it comes out great.

HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%