Need Help With Fresh Flower? A.s.a.p.

Decorating By cerobs Updated 10 Jul 2008 , 6:49pm by RRGibson

cerobs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cerobs Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 2:58pm
post #1 of 8

Need help with arrange fresh roses on top of a 5in wedding cake? This is my first wedding cake using fresh flower is there something I can buy to insert into the cake or do I use laid them on the cake. Thanks

7 replies
skaggs1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
skaggs1 Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 3:13pm
post #2 of 8

I go to my local florist and he hooks me up with a light weight plastic cake topper and I just arrange the fresh flowers in that (it has the floral styrofoam already in it.) Hope this helps

McMama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
McMama Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 3:21pm
post #3 of 8

I often cut the flower stems short and insert in a straw and then stick in the cake. For a small cake like you're doing, you would probably only need three roses. Place them in a triangle shape. Good luck and hope this helps.

cerobs Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 3:26pm
post #4 of 8

thanks ladies? I love the straw idea. I have another question. I'm making a four tier cake using 3in pan. 5in,7in,10in,13in. I bake 8 cakes total do I have to torte all cake cakes?

azeboi2005 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
azeboi2005 Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 3:38pm
post #5 of 8

when i arange fresh flower on top of a cake i usually use a ball of fondant and place them in there.

as for torting if it's for a wedding cake i personally preferr to tort i think it looks a bit more elegant when it's cut to have the layers. party cakes are def not torted unless specified or multiple fillings. only exception for me on the wedding cake tort is if it's a carrot cake or italian creme; due to nuts i don't go there.

again these are my personal prefereces...hth

Chris

cerobs Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 3:40pm
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeboi2005

when i arange fresh flower on top of a cake i usually use a ball of fondant and place them in there.

as for torting if it's for a wedding cake i personally preferr to tort i think it looks a bit more elegant when it's cut to have the layers. party cakes are def not torted unless specified or multiple fillings. only exception for me on the wedding cake tort is if it's a carrot cake or italian creme; due to nuts i don't go there.

again these are my personal prefereces...hth

Chris

Since its 3in would you torte them 2 or three times.

azeboi2005 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
azeboi2005 Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 6:26pm
post #7 of 8

when i bake them 3in high i usually tort each layer once. so for one layer i bake 2 8" cakes, level, and tort each once; that way i have 4 layers of cake and 3 of filling. hope this isn't confusing.

RRGibson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RRGibson Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 6:49pm
post #8 of 8

I don't use three inch pans but I would think if you did you would torte the one layer twice and once it's filled it would be about the same height as if you did 2 2" high layers. Isn't 2 3" high layers a very tall tier?

For arranging the flowers I normally use the floral foam covered in plastic wrap.

Hope that helps!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%