Filling & When To Cover W/fondant ??????

Decorating By calynmom Updated 10 Jul 2008 , 4:58pm by snowshoe1

calynmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
calynmom Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 1:38pm
post #1 of 4

Hello everyone,

I'm making a WASC cake tonight for a party that is saturday morning. I want to fill it with raspberry preserve. I have never used filling before and was wondering if doing it tonight would be to soon to ?

Will the filling sink into the cake? Do I need to put some icing in between and then put the filling on that. Also, would it be to soon to go ahead and put the MMF on tonight.

I have to travel 3 hours tomorrow to get the cake to Indy and was going to put all the finishing touches on it tomorrow evening when I got there.

TIA.

3 replies
snowshoe1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snowshoe1 Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 3:38pm
post #2 of 4

Are you using a raspberry preserve straight from the jar? If so, I would put on a light coating of BC under the preserves. If your mixing your preserves with BC then you don't need the coating.

You can cover it today with MMF for a Saturday party. Just keep it out of the sun, dust, heat, etc...

HTH

calynmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
calynmom Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 4:31pm
post #3 of 4

Yes it will be from a jar but I can mix it with some of the buttercream. Which do you think will hold up better?

Thanks

snowshoe1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snowshoe1 Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 4:58pm
post #4 of 4

Both should hold up just fine. I like to mix the preserves with a little BC to add more density and sweetness; but, I'm sure your cake is sweet enough! Good luck with the drive.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%