Does Anyone Know How Many Cups Of Batter

Decorating By sparklynne Updated 11 Jul 2008 , 3:43pm by TexasSugar

sparklynne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sparklynne Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 6:48am
post #1 of 5

can be yielded from a pillsbury box cake mix and the BC supermoist cake mixes? I am talking finished batter that is ready to be poured into a pan. Not anything outside of the standard on the box ingredients ie. oil water eggs added. I know this is an odd question but I have a family member that wants a plain boxed cake for their specific order and I am still somewhat a newbie at this and really had never stopped and given much thought to measuring each box. I thought with all the brilliant minds here that someone has outsmarted me and already figured this one out icon_smile.gif Thank you in advance for any help.
sincerely

4 replies
ShortcakesSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShortcakesSweets Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 7:30am
post #2 of 5

The Duncan Hines are 5 1/2 cups batter per box. I'm pretty sure they're all about the same.

ShortcakesSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShortcakesSweets Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 7:44am
post #3 of 5

OK, since I have a terrible case of insomnia and have nothing else to do right now, I reasearched it online. Duncan Hines website says their cake mixes yield 5 1/2 cups batter, Pillsbury website says their cake mixes yield 4 1/2 cups batter, Betty Crocker website does not tell anywhere at all how much batter their mixes yield.
I had read somewhere a while back that most box mixes yield between 4 - 6 cups batter.
Can you tell I'm reallllllly bored!! icon_lol.gif
Hope this helps.

sparklynne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sparklynne Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 3:51pm
post #4 of 5

Thank you so much! I am sorry to hear of your insomnia but appreciate all that you did to get me those measurements. icon_smile.gif Thank you so much!
Sincerely
Lynne
Everything's Sparklynne

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 3:43pm
post #5 of 5

It depends on the brand and the flavor.

BC and Pillsbury range between 4 and 5 cups. I made a Pillsbury white mix the other day and was disappointed that it didn't even make 24 cupcakes, where as other ones I have tried from BC and DH made atleast 24 if not more.

DH makes between 5 and 6 cups. Their Golden Butter Recipe makes 6 cups. White makes 5. And the other flavors are between 5 and 5.5.

Best thing to do is keep a running list when you use a new brand/flavor so you can use the information in the future.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%