Mary Englebriet Cake Help

Decorating By AmyCakes2 Updated 9 Jul 2008 , 2:04am by Amia

AmyCakes2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmyCakes2 Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 3:31pm
post #1 of 6

Ok - so I have this lady who's a friend of my MIL's. Let's say she's a trip! I have to do a cake for her towards the end of the month, and she's changed her mind about it several times now. HOWEVER, I do believe I've finally gotten the "final answer" from her.
She wants the design to resemble Mary Englebriet's work with the following decorations - ------with raggedy, whimsical, multi-colored, bold flowers in the middle, little ones between big ones, with green leaves, and perhaps some tendrils curling over the sides. A bee in the petals would be fun if you do bees or butterflies.
I've been to ME's website, and that does help...but has anyone out there done something like this? I know I found a few on here, but nothing that resembles what she wants.
While this will be BC icing, I will be using fondant/gumpaste decorations.
Thanks for any help!!!

5 replies
kakelady00009 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakelady00009 Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 3:54pm
post #2 of 6

Maybe find a pattern you like, and do a FBCT. Then add the doodads around the sides........not sure if this helps icon_razz.gif

kakelady00009 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakelady00009 Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 4:37pm
post #3 of 6

Maybe find a pattern you like, and do a FBCT. Then add the doodads around the sides........not sure if this helps icon_razz.gif

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 6:25pm
post #4 of 6

Hey there Amy my dear... I absolutely LOVE to do ME's work icon_smile.gif

PM me if you need any thing!!!!

I have a few shots of ME flowers saved in my files icon_smile.gif

I'll send them icon_smile.gif

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 6:27pm
post #5 of 6

Here are some icon_smile.gif

Do the flowers in these colors.. add some tendrils (sp) and you will be good as gold icon_smile.gif

Ohhh yes ... add a cherry SOMEWHERE on the board or cake... she does this alot icon_smile.gif
LL

Amia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%