yayadesigns Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 4:11pm
post #1 of

What tip would you use to pipe this flower? I bought #403 to play around with, but wonder if I need to open it up a bit?

9 replies
btrsktch Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 6:09pm
post #2 of

I'd try 79 or 80.

eieio1234 Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 7:00pm
post #3 of

That's definitely interesting! I looked at my tips and I thought 403 opened up as well. Or a 401 (same shapes as 79&80 but bigger.)

Let us know how it turns out, I'm curious!

bkdcakes Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 7:15pm
post #4 of

If the 403 doesn't work, try 127D, but I think 403 is the best one.

Ruby2uesday Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 11:06pm
post #5 of

what type of flower would you say that was??? it looks like a magnolia to me! Very pretty! i'd love to learn how to do that! i don't have very much flower making experience!

The_Sugar_Fairy Posted 14 Feb 2014 , 11:02pm
post #6 of

I know this post is really old, but we're talking about this recently on Cake Central.  I'm curious if the 403 tip worked then?  Is this the Wilton #403?  Is it even available to buy anymore?

AnnieCahill Posted 14 Feb 2014 , 11:26pm
post #7 of


MBalaska Posted 14 Feb 2014 , 11:39pm
post #8 of

two threads going on this one.  Wilton 79 or 81

The_Sugar_Fairy Posted 14 Feb 2014 , 11:47pm
post #9 of

I think tip 79 or 81 would be too small though.  Someone mentioned using Wilton Tips 401, 402, or 403.  Tips 401 and 403 are discontinued.  So maybe tip 402?  Has anyone tried the 402.


Here's a picture of the flowers.

MBalaska Posted 15 Feb 2014 , 12:17am

Those are prettier than the ones in the OP. And it appears your correct about tip #402.

Quote by @%username% on %date%