Needed Licensed Raleigh Area Bakery...

Business By loriemoms Updated 8 Jul 2008 , 12:14am by southerncake

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 4:05pm
post #1 of 7

I am completly booked up for the rest of the year, as well as many of the other bakeries I know in my area. I get 10-15 calls a week from people looking for mainly sculpted cakes, baby shower cakes, and egg-less cakes. Right now, I am getting calls for August and September and EVERYONE I know is booked or no longer taking celebration cakes.

If you are a licensed bakery here in the raleigh area, and am NOT booked up, please let me know..would love to send some people your way! (You can send me a PM or an email)

6 replies
acookieobsession Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
acookieobsession Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 5:23pm
post #2 of 7

Rats, since I am new in the area I am pretty much open....But I am in Asheville....if you need to refer anyone down here...I am available! Good for you that you are all booked! Awesome.....

Oh and I am licensed and insured.

Julia

loriemoms Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 5:25pm
post #3 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by acookieobsession

Rats, since I am new in the area I am pretty much open....But I am in Asheville....if you need to refer anyone down here...I am available! Good for you that you are all booked! Awesome.....

Oh and I am licensed and insured.

Julia

Thanks Julia! I will keep your name handy though, as I do get calls from all over! (everyone in other states seems to think North Carolina is very small or something! hahaha!)

southerncake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
southerncake Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 5:35pm
post #4 of 7

Hey Lorie,

I too am booked through February and not taking any further orders. I know a lot of my customers have used Cakes by Cinda (or Cinda's Cakes?) in the past and have been very happy with her. She may be an option.

Good luck!!

loriemoms Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 5:41pm
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncake

Hey Lorie,

I too am booked through February and not taking any further orders. I know a lot of my customers have used Cakes by Cinda (or Cinda's Cakes?) in the past and have been very happy with her. She may be an option.

Good luck!!

Cinda is a good friend of mine and was voted best in the area two years in a row by Knot...so she is booked clear through next year! (and yes, her stuff is VERY good!) I think our area is just getting so many relos who are used to a bakery on every corner and not used to having to call 6 months in advance to put in an order! I actually had a lady YELL at me because I couldn't take an order for a baby shower in two weeks. I feel for these people, they are going to be stuck with BJS and Walmart.
(I actually had a WEDDING call for July 26th last week. a WEDDING! Are they nuts?)

Jenn2179 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenn2179 Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 6:40pm
post #6 of 7

Well I am a little ways from Raleigh. I am in Burlington but if they are interested in driving a little I am not too booked up. My business has been open for about a year. You can look at my webpage to check out some of my work.

southerncake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
southerncake Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 12:14am
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by loriemoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncake

Hey Lorie,

Good luck!!

Cinda is a good friend of mine and was voted best in the area two years in a row by Knot...so she is booked clear through next year! (and yes, her stuff is VERY good!) I think our area is just getting so many relos who are used to a bakery on every corner and not used to having to call 6 months in advance to put in an order! I actually had a lady YELL at me because I couldn't take an order for a baby shower in two weeks. I feel for these people, they are going to be stuck with BJS and Walmart.
(I actually had a WEDDING call for July 26th last week. a WEDDING! Are they nuts?)

Cool! Make sure to tell Cinda she has quite a reputation. I have several customers that bounce back and forth between she and I, and I hear such great things!

I agree completely that so many people coming into Central NC are coming from areas where baked goods are more accesible. They are not accustomed to having to book so early. Also, people are booking weddings two years out here lately, and that is very strange around here!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%