Gumpaste Or Fondant 3D Letters

Decorating By Beanie1001 Updated 7 Jul 2008 , 6:26pm by CakeDiva73

Beanie1001 Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 3:47pm
post #1 of 5

How does one even begin doing this? I'd love to learn to do this, I love the whimsical bubbly look. Is there a tutorial?

4 replies
1234me Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 5:13pm
post #2 of 5

those are done with a clay extractor gun. All you need is fondant/gumpaste and a gun that will push out a round shape and you can do it too icon_smile.gif

Beanie1001 Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 5:49pm
post #3 of 5

thank you!!! I'll get one!!! LOL

crystalina1977 Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 6:22pm
post #4 of 5

i rolled mine by hand and had a heck of a time getting the gumpaste to look smooth, thanks for the clay gun info.

CakeDiva73 Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 6:26pm
post #5 of 5

I didn't even think of using the gun but I was playing with swirly bubble letters one night and used some heat to smooth/soften the gumpaste/fondant and it worked very well.

I also bought one of those plates that plug in to keep things warm and keep my chocolate bags on it and put fondant to soften. They have a smaller microwave one that is basically a piece of marble encased in heat-safe plastic and when you micro it retains heat for a long time and thats what I use for gumpaste.

Since I usually melt it if I try to microwave it normally. I will have to give the clay gun a try - thanks! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%