Please Help...need Some Tips/advice

Decorating By Kaiah723 Updated 11 Jul 2008 , 3:53am by Kaiah723

Kaiah723 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kaiah723 Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 3:30am
post #1 of 4

I am going to be doing a castle cake for my daughter's 3rd birthday this coming Sunday. I am going to be using the wilton romantic castle kit for the first time. Can anyone give me any tips on this? Or any heads up of any problems I might come across? Any tips on dowelling? I just want this cake to be really special for her! TIA for any help!!

3 replies
jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 3:06am
post #2 of 4

Will you be traveling with this cake? If so, I would advise you to put the turrets on when you get it there. I used buttercream to stick them in place, but some people drill holes and dowel them. Maybe this will give you a bump and a more experienced castle decorator can help you out.

MnSnow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MnSnow Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 3:06am
post #3 of 4

A word of advice for the towers...do not put them in place unless you do not intend to move the cake! Attach them with royal icing too.

I made this cake for my grand daughters bday in March. I had to attach the towers to both the board and the cake with royal before it would stay in place.

As for doweling...just do it as you normally would.

Good Luck and have fun doing it

Kaiah723 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kaiah723 Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 3:53am
post #4 of 4

Thank you for the help! I appreciate it so much and hopefully this cake is one that my daughter will love!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%