Help With This Cake Please?

Decorating By CakeMommyTX Updated 7 Jul 2008 , 9:19am by deliciously_decadent

CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 3:11am
post #1 of 4

My main question is what do I do about the edges/borders of the cakes?
I plan on tucking the fondant under the cake board , but what do I do about the bottom?
I don't think anyone will actually bend down and look underneath each teir so do I just leave it alone?
Also I was going to stack them off centered and drive a center dowel through the middle, is that the right idea or am I asking for a disaster?
LL

3 replies
sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 3:36am
post #2 of 4

I think u are on the right track.

Shola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shola Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 4:42am
post #3 of 4

I think it looks great as is, but if you wanted to do a border around the overhanging edges and your going with the shell theme, I think just some of the tiny shells that are stuck on the cake placed around the overhung edges? icon_smile.gif

deliciously_decadent Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deliciously_decadent Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 9:19am
post #4 of 4

Hi i havly done one overhanging cake like this before and came up stuck at the same point. my solution was to cover the bottom of the cake boards with the same color fondant as the rest of the cake prior to attaching the actual cake so that when i put the cake on and applied fondant it looked like the entire cake was iced top to bottom.
And yes most definatley center dowel the entire cake it just makes transport (and your piece of mind) so much easier thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%