Hello Kitty Cookie Question

Baking By Kaybaby Updated 11 Jul 2008 , 2:51pm by mirandasada

Kaybaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kaybaby Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 1:55am
post #1 of 11

Thanks to this forum, I was able to make my own Hello Kitty cookie cutter. I am ready to bake and decorate. I would like to flood the cookies with either Antonia74 or Alice's recipe. My question is, what is the best way to decorate? Do I flood with white, let dry and then pipe the features - bow, eyes, etc? Or is there a better way? I'm a bit nervous about getting the features right. Any suggestions?

I posted a picture of the template I used for the cutter. I don't plan on outlining the cookie in black.

Thank you to everyone for always being so helpful,

Vonda

10 replies
arle1727 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arle1727 Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 2:24am
post #2 of 11

that's the way. Just be sure the white is dry so you can apply the features.
LL

mirandasada Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mirandasada Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 12:24am
post #3 of 11

Where can I find a Hello Kitty cookie cutter? Or how can I make one?
Thanks! icon_biggrin.gif

arle1727 Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 1:48am
post #4 of 11

Hi Mirandasada. I dont have the cutter. I just google some pictures and make a template. just adjust the picture the size that you want it and glue it to a card board. On top of the paper I put some plastic, the one for stencils. Here is the picture in case you need it. When you do the template just put it on the chilled dough and cut it with a knife or exacto.

I hope you understand, my english is soooo bad.
LL

antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 2:06am
post #5 of 11

You explained that wonderfully, Arle1727! Your English is really great and so are your beautiful cookies. icon_smile.gif

Kaybaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kaybaby Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 4:28am
post #6 of 11

Thank you for the replies.

Arle1727,

Did you use a different icing for the bow? It looks more raised.

Thanks so much,

Vonda

arle1727 Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 2:19pm
post #7 of 11

I only use the best RI, Antonia74. Its a little more stiff and add some sugar crystals on top.

Arlene

BakingGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingGirl Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 2:50pm
post #8 of 11

I made my own Hello Kitty cutter using the instructions here on CC. It worked out great. I flooded the cookies using RI and then piped on the features after the background was dry. Because of the "layering" of icing the details appear raised.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=173383

millicente Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
millicente Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 10:41pm
post #9 of 11

howdy....
I purchased a large hello Kitty cutter on ebay and if you look at my photos you will see the one i did. I used RBC and royal icing

McMama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
McMama Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 12:04am
post #10 of 11

FYI, there are Hello Kitty cookie cutters on e-bay that are 3D. They're pretty cute. They are from a company in Hong Kong, but I believe I read somewhere here that they were a good company to work with. Just do a search on e-bay - hello kitty cookie cutter. You'll be able to find them. They would be really cute to use as placecards for a children's b/day party!

mirandasada Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mirandasada Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 2:51pm
post #11 of 11

THANK YOU ALL!!

I didn't think to make a template so I will give that a try. My daughter's 5th birthday is all about Kitty, so she will be very happy to help make the cookies.
ariel1727 tu inglés está de maravilla. Mil millones de gracias!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%