Knitted Pattern Impression Mat?

Decorating By joy5678 Updated 8 Jul 2008 , 3:10am by joy5678

joy5678 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joy5678 Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 12:14am
post #1 of 9

I remember seeing little sweaters that looked like they had been knitted. I don't know if it was on CC or somewhere else. It looked like it may have been done by an impression mat. Can anyone give me a hook up as to where to find this or any information on how this is done? Thank you so much for your help.

8 replies
joy5678 Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 3:22pm
post #2 of 9

Anyone out there? icon_eek.gif Recovering from your long week-end? icon_surprised.gif
Hope to hear from someone soon. I'm still looking for my answer but can't locate it anywhere!!! icon_cry.gif Help!

grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 3:44pm
post #3 of 9

I've never seen an impression mat like that, but I jut went to the galleries and typed in "sweater"..... OMG! Some of the work that cme up ...... leave it to the CCers !!

flowermom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flowermom Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 4:01pm
post #4 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by joy5678

I remember seeing little sweaters that looked like they had been knitted. I don't know if it was on CC or somewhere else. It looked like it may have been done by an . Can anyone give me a hook up as to where to find this or any information on how this is done? Thank you so much for your help.

I just saw something like that on Martha Stewart. I can't remember if they were cookies or cupcakes. It was on a day when she featured an all knitting theme. Try searching her website and see what you come up with. Sandi

joy5678 Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 4:23pm
post #5 of 9

Yea! I FOUND IT! I FOUND IT! icon_biggrin.gif I just had to have my memory jogged. Thanks so much. I knew I had seen it somewhere but where???? I pulled up Martha & found it along with the video. Then I found the web site www.veganyumyum.com. Pulled it up & it has everything I was searching for (exact same show I watched) ! Thank you. It really is a cute & unique idea. I'm going to make a baby shower cake & use it to make a knitting basket with a partial baby sweater & booties knitted. The mom to be is an advid knitter. Now I'm excited to do it and use this technique. Check it out & be sure to "Save it" if you are like me! icon_redface.gif Thanks again my CC helpers! thumbs_up.gif

flowermom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flowermom Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 5:38pm
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by joy5678

Yea! I FOUND IT! I FOUND IT! icon_biggrin.gif I just had to have my memory jogged. Thanks so much. I knew I had seen it somewhere but where???? I pulled up Martha & found it along with the video. Then I found the web site www.veganyumyum.com. Pulled it up & it has everything I was searching for (exact same show I watched) ! Thank you. It really is a cute & unique idea. I'm going to make a baby shower cake & use it to make a knitting basket with a partial baby sweater & booties knitted. The mom to be is an advid knitter. Now I'm excited to do it and use this technique. Check it out & be sure to "Save it" if you are like me! icon_redface.gif Thanks again my CC helpers! thumbs_up.gif

I don't watch Martha as often as I used to, but had the TV one one day and the whole show was on knitting. Beside my obsession with cake decorating, I am have an obsession with knitting icon_redface.gif and decided to keep it on. I had seen her cupcakes before on a knitting website, but it was awhile ago. I had always wondered how she made those.

What a great idea for a cake! I host a knitting group and I may have to make these for our treats! I was thinking I would use my Marshmallow Fondant, I am not a big fan of Marzipan. Be sure to post your picture when you get it finish, I would love to see it!

Sandi

joy5678 Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 7:31pm
post #7 of 9

I sure will! Happy knitting & cakin!

ainsleyandmatthewmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ainsleyandmatthewmom Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 1:47am
post #8 of 9

Unbelievable! Ijust spent way too much time watching that video clip, reading that blog, dreaming about when I can try those little "knitted" sweaters. Gah! I'm sure fondant would work great too!!

joy5678 Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 3:10am
post #9 of 9

I am going to use fondant for my sweaters. I'm sure it will work just fine. I have never used marzipan. Enjoy "knitting" your sweaters too! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%