Has Anyone Done A Bridal Show????????? Like A Vendor Thing

Baking By spsjj Updated 11 Jul 2008 , 3:56pm by kneadacookie

spsjj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spsjj Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 12:26pm
post #1 of 8

Hi my cookie friends!! Has anyone done a wedding show to show the cooies? How many did you make and was it worth it?

7 replies
MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 3:01pm
post #2 of 8

I have been asked to, but can't afford it. I'm afraid of brides (I was one, but I was so easy-going, and I know there are bridezillas out there!) and afraid that I will look amateurish at the show, even if there aren't any other cookie decorators there. Gotta grow a backbone.

There is at least one person I know on here that has, and I'm sure she will post her experience. I'll find the link of a previous discussion if I can.....

spsjj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spsjj Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 9:59am
post #3 of 8

I knoiw exactly what you mean. My son is getting married and his bride to be is very picky.. I had to laugh thanks for taking the time to be so honest

MichelleM77 Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 4:34pm
post #4 of 8

Hee hee. Sorry I can't help, but I'll bump you back up.

ckdcr8r Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ckdcr8r Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 12:00am
post #5 of 8

I will be doing a bridal show at the end of September. My decorated cookies all have edible images on them, so I am hoping the brides will jump on board using them as favors. I saw a cookie "tree" on here a while back that was like a wire cone with cookies attached to it that I will be advertising as a centerpiece. I also am making mini 1" weddding cake shaped cookies, just iced for them to sample. Also a good ad for favors. I will bookmark this post and let you know how it goes in a few months!

Jenn2179 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenn2179 Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 12:18am
post #6 of 8

I done 2 bridal shows so far and am doing another one in August. I have started working on new display cakes. If you want you can PM me with questions.

MichelleM77 Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 12:23am
post #7 of 8

I finally found it. It was kneadacookie. But alas, her post about her cookie table at a local bridal fair was lost in the great hardware crash of 2007. PM her and ask! icon_smile.gif

kneadacookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kneadacookie Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 3:56pm
post #8 of 8

yes, i have done a bridal show. i just got the invitation to do the show again in january. i am planning on doing it again. i was the only cookie lady there. we were packed 3 people deep in the aisle. we gave away mini tasters. i guess it depends on several things. is the show well established? what kind of foot traffic do they get? are you ready for a show? are you lisenced with insurance? i can probably answer more questions later. i borrowed my son's computer(ours is down). hopefully i'll be up and running tonight.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%