Yeah My First Tiered Is Done!

Decorating By Ruby2uesday Updated 7 Jul 2008 , 12:45am by Ruby2uesday

Ruby2uesday Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruby2uesday Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 4:20am
post #1 of 18

Now to deliver! i'm sweatin' and i dont' want to jinx myself but it seems pretty stable.... YIKES did i just jinx mysefl??? lol
LL

17 replies
FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 4:34am
post #2 of 18

WTG!!! No jinx.. no jinx.. no jinx.. there.. I think that will ward off anything icon_wink.gif

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 4:41am
post #3 of 18

Wow that is so Good!

Shola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shola Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 4:44am
post #4 of 18

Aha! So it did turn out fine! it's perfect! Good job! icon_biggrin.gif

Ruby2uesday Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 4:53am
post #5 of 18

OMG when i went to put on the top layer i about pee'd my pants, or cried. hell i wanted to do both. i was sooooo nervous. i had my boyfriend holding the cake steady w/ 2 angled 11in wilton spatulas while i guided it down, my heart was pounding and i was waiting for it to hit the floor until it landed on the dowels. then my boyfriend literally ran away saying... "i'm not even going to go near that thing till it's done" LOL He didn't want to be blamed if it did fall. lol the final look wasnt' what i had in mind but it just turned into that and i'm very happy w/ the look. icon_smile.gif

when you all are done w/ something big or very taxing to the nerves, don't you just want to fall out when you're done? LOL Thanks for looking everyone! i couldn't wait to post pics!

applemint_jackie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
applemint_jackie Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 5:03am
post #6 of 18

yea...great cake..good job.. thumbs_up.gif

pjmw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pjmw Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 5:22am
post #7 of 18

beautiful cake Ruby2uesday! That is a crazy (in a good wayicon_smile.gif avatar you have thereicon_smile.gif

Paula

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 12:08pm
post #8 of 18

WTG love the design.

Mike

Tellis12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tellis12 Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 2:32pm
post #9 of 18

It looks great. I remember being so nervous my first tiered cake. It was the first time I'd worked with fondant and that hadn't gone well so I was petrified. Congratulations!

tiggerbounce Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggerbounce Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 2:55pm
post #10 of 18

Checks HP Books of Spells and Special Charms......

Darling cake, lovely as can be,
safe travels to you, 123! (flourishes wand over cake pic...)

Ok, there ya go....safe and sound.

Nice job on the cake!

Ruby2uesday Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 3:43pm
post #11 of 18

well the triple no jinx from jkalman and the spell casted by tiggerbounce and all the other good vibes from y'all must have worked because it was delivered safe and sound! icon_smile.gif YEAH! my first customer cake delivered!!! there were oooooh's and aaaaaah's and all i could think about was, get the kids away from the table!!! LOL i'm waiting for a call from my friend telling me that the table was hit by the little kids and it came crashing to the floor! i hope not, but then again, my job is done! Thanks everyone for the wonderful thoughts. i can breathe again! icon_smile.gif

Franluvsfrosting Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Franluvsfrosting Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 4:37pm
post #12 of 18

Your cake is beautiful! Good job!

cvigil Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cvigil Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 5:25pm
post #13 of 18

Wow! icon_eek.gif I love those colors. How did you get such a perfect burgundy? I also lose that silver. Please share!

Ruby2uesday Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 8:05pm
post #14 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvigil

Wow! icon_eek.gif I love those colors. How did you get such a perfect burgundy? I also lose that silver. Please share!

it's maroon (or supposed to be) using Americolor maroon color gels. A LOT OF IT! LOL well i had 5lbs of fondant i was coloring which took almost a whole thing of coloring. but i was really happy the way it turned out.

and for the silvery grey i did black food color in the white fondant making it grey, and then added Nu Lustre Silver mixed with some vanilla and painted it on.
thanks! icon_smile.gif

cvigil Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cvigil Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 4:25am
post #15 of 18

Thanks! Again, I love that cake

mbarbi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbarbi Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 6:28am
post #16 of 18

very nice! congrats!

tiggerbounce Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggerbounce Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 11:29pm
post #17 of 18

Ruby2uesday Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 12:45am
post #18 of 18

Thanks everyone!!! now i'm wondering what my next challenge to myself will be!!! make my own fondant? do a wedding cake??? lol. i so want Sugarshacks videos!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%