Prince Frog Cake

Decorating By Dwonders Updated 4 Jul 2008 , 1:07am by Michelle104

Dwonders Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dwonders Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 6:29pm
post #1 of 3

i need help i want to make a cake shaped like a frog but i need help on how to make it can anyone help me?

2 replies
Sugarflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarflowers Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 9:26pm
post #2 of 3

We need to know a few things. How big do you want it to be? Are you planning to use buttercream or fondant?

Here are some suggestions. Start with two 8 inch rounds, stacked and support inserted for two 6 inch rounds. The 6 inchers will need to be towards the front of the cake rather than centered. Carved your cake to the basic frog shape, crumb coat it, let it crust and then fully frost it. You could either use colored frosting or an airbrush. Don't forget to have the belly a little bit lighter.

Pipe the back legs with a large round tip and smooth into shape. The front legs could just be webbed feet sticking out the front. Be sure the back feet are a little larger than the front.

Pipe white eye balls onto the top, fairly close together, with a black center. Make the mouth by drawing a line into the frosting, making a moderate impression. Use a paper towel to smooth out any rough spots.

The crown could be made from fondant or gumpaste and you could put a cape on the frog. There should be darker green spots on the frog's back.

I think it would look really cool to have the cake board look like a lily pad.

I hope this was the help you wanted. If not, maybe someone else has a better idea.

Michele

Michelle104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michelle104 Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 1:07am
post #3 of 3

I have a frog cake in my pics but it's not a prince. I used a wondermold pan and a sports ball pan and carved a little. I made the legs out of RKT and covered them in fondant. I think next time I'll put a bc coat under the fondant though so it isn't quite so bumpy.... Hope this helps icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%