Tastings - What Flavors Do You Offer?

Business By karenm0712 Updated 2 Jul 2008 , 10:54pm by karenm0712

karenm0712 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karenm0712 Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 8:35pm
post #1 of 5

I have searched the board and really haven't found an answer to my question. So I am sorry if I just didn't look hard enough!

I am doing my first wedding cake for a friend of a friend. The bride has not tasted my cakes, but 2 of her friends have - at any rate I am confident that she is going to book with me, but she still wants to taste my cakes. I don't have cakes frozen, so I am going to have to bake whatever it is I decide to let them taste. I thought about giving them the option, but I don't want to spend a ton of money on any specialty flavors they might ask for. So, what are good flavors to have - cakes, icings, & fillings.

Any words of wisdom with my first tasting? Oh, and I am limiting the tasting to 3 people.

Thanks in advance!

Karen

4 replies
sari66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sari66 Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 9:58pm
post #2 of 5

Your two best flavors and four fillings that they can mix and match with the cake.

milissasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milissasmom Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 10:26pm
post #3 of 5

One of the most recent threads...Very informative. I personally only do my white cake and then MAYBE chocoalte if I feel like it. I just do the white cake...mention to them that this cake can be flavored in many different ways to accomodate what their needs are. I have never had a problem with folk complaining about not having enough flavors. Also, I do my basic bc and one or two filling...nothing deep at all....Just a time to taste and get to know each other and our styles since we are both kinda interviewing each other (if the bride and family turn out to be PITA's, I am BOOKED on that day)! You can usually tell if they are gonna be crazy or not. Anyways, check out this thread too!

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-592148-tastings.html

kjt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjt Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 10:31pm
post #4 of 5

Karen, I can't figure out how to send a link (stupid me), but if you go indydebi's posts, there is a recent (and good!) discussion on tastings. the topic is "Tried my sampling appt a new way today".
Hope this is helpful, and good luck.
Kathy

karenm0712 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karenm0712 Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 10:54pm
post #5 of 5

Thank you all! icon_biggrin.gif I will check out the two links posted!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%