Need A Good Punch Please!!

Decorating By tdybear1978 Updated 3 Jul 2008 , 3:29am by smitakasargod

tdybear1978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tdybear1978 Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 6:07pm
post #1 of 22

I need a good tropical type punch. I need it to not be chunky or frozen as I will need it to go thru the spouts on the containers it will be in. I was thinking of freezing some pineapple juice into ice cubes to put in there to keep it cold, that way it will not get watered down but not really sure what to use for the drink portion. Any ideas?

21 replies
tdybear1978 Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 7:39pm
post #2 of 22

no one has a suggestion???

oboemommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
oboemommy Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 8:01pm
post #3 of 22

Here's a recipe from allrecipes.com that I use for my children's b-day parties. Everyone seems to like it and it goes quickly. It has sherbet, but it melts and the punch itself would go the spout/strainer. Frozen juice cubes would work well too.

1 64-oz bottle of fruit punch, chilled
1 64-oz bottle of pineapple juice, chilled
1 2-l bottle of ginger ale, chilled
several scoops of orange sherbet (1/2 gallon is enough for 2-3 batches)

In a punch bowl, mix together the punch, juice, and ginger ale. Add sherbet and wait for it to begin melting, approx 10 minutes. Stir and serve.

(Note: my punch bowl is not big enough to hold all this, so I usually just do equal parts of the liquids. The measurements are the original recipe.)

HTH! -Donna

allee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
allee Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 8:45pm
post #4 of 22

This is kind of "old school", but it's the recipe that all of my family has used over the years for birthday/grad/baby shower/bridal shower etc, etc.
I still use it for the showers that I do and for my kids b-day parties. It's really very versatile:

2 pkg. any flavor unsweetened KoolAid
1 sm. pkg Jello (gelatin)
1-1/2 cups sugar
1 lg can pineapple juice
1 (2 litre) ginger ale

Use any flavor KoolAid and Jello according to flavor/color desired. Put Jello, sugar and KoolAid in a gallon container. Add a little boiling water to dissolve sugar and Jello ( I use about 1/2 to 2/3 cup). Add pineapple juice and enough cold water to make a full gallon. Keep in fridge until ready to use. Add ginger ale just before serving.
HTH

bkdcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bkdcakes Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 9:01pm
post #5 of 22

My favorite punch is very simple & perfect for the fountains. Keep the bottles in the fridge before & you won't even need ice. You can adjust the taste by how much soda you add to the juice. I usually start with 2 bottles of each & then add more as needed.

white grape juice
ginger ale (or 7-Up or Sprite)

bkdcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bkdcakes Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 9:01pm
post #6 of 22

oops! double post... icon_surprised.gif

Dawanka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dawanka Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 9:05pm
post #7 of 22

The recipe oboemommy posted is the one we use for lots of our church functions and church seminars. We've never had a complaint most people ask for the recipe. Its very good.

hollyw567 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hollyw567 Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 9:06pm
post #8 of 22

This is the easiest and best tasting punch I've had:

1 gallon of Hawaiian punch (any flavor, but orange and strawberry kiwi are my favs)
2 liter bottle of 7 up
several scoops of vanilla ice cream

The orange tastes just like an orange dreamcicle.

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 9:07pm
post #9 of 22

Cranberry juice and centron Vodka, with a touch of lime juice. Yummo!!

arosstx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arosstx Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 9:16pm
post #10 of 22

Very easy, and sooo many people ask me what's in the punch:

1 large can of pineapple juice
2liter bottle ginger ale, any brand is fine
1 recipe of kool-aid (so 2qts of water, 1cup sugar, 1 packet koolaid -mixed)

pour all of these together into container, stir. Yum!! I sometimes reserve some and freeze it in a bundt pan to make a same-flavor ice ring. It's really good, inexpensive, and makes a lot.

Good luck!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 9:41pm
post #11 of 22

For a tropical taste, add a can of coconut milk to any punch. I don't like coconut, but when I made this for an hawaiian themed reception, I was amazed at how good it was!

I also caution anyone about using an ENTIRE 2 liter bottle of 7-up to one gallon of punch. I only use a 12-oz can to one gallon. Too much 7-up dilutes the punch's natural fruity taste that you're trying to achieve.

If the punch is going thru a fountain (or a glass jar with a spigot) then I discourage any sherbet or ice cream ... could cause problems (I use the big silver punch fountains all the time so I've got a few years experience with this).

Minute Maid red punch + Sunny Delight regular yellow punch + a carton of pulp-free pineapple juice + 1 12-oz can of 7-Up + 1 can of coconut milk and you'll have 'em lined up wanting to drink it out the bowl with a straw!

allee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
allee Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 10:19pm
post #12 of 22

Wow, Indydebi, that sounds great! Makes me want to go fix some right now! Thanks for posting.

PattyT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PattyT Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 1:22am
post #13 of 22

Awwww...when I read the post title, I thought this was another good rant about someone needing a smack up-side the head about giving away cakes to friends....or a bride-zilla..or whatever....darn

My dad used to have recipe from the Canadian Army called artillery punch, but don't think it's what you're looking for. I imbibed a little too much at my brother's wedding...and felt the pain later. Guess that's why they call it punch!

YAYI95 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
YAYI95 Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 1:41am
post #14 of 22

i use the same punch ALLEE uses i just do not add the gelatin and I always put it in a fountain and its works fine...indydebi, i have a 4th of july cook out and may give that punch a try...I love coconut and that sounds so good....

indydebi Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 1:47am
post #15 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYI95

...indydebi, i have a 4th of july cook out and may give that punch a try...I love coconut and that sounds so good....

I was so surprised at how much I loved the extra zing that the coconut milk gives it..... and I hate coconut!! icon_surprised.gif It's a very subtle taste ... not overpowering.

tdybear1978 Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 2:47am
post #16 of 22

indydebi, this may be a stupid question - but is coconut milk something that I can find at any grocery store and if so what area would I look in?
and when you say minute maid red punch and sunny d punch do you just mean the regular drinks?

this really sounds yummy, I think I want to try this one

JenLen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenLen Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 2:57am
post #17 of 22

tdybear1978.......you can find coconut milk in the liquor section.

indydebi Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 3:06am
post #18 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdybear1978

indydebi, this may be a stupid question - but is coconut milk something that I can find at any grocery store and if so what area would I look in?
and when you say minute maid red punch and sunny d punch do you just mean the regular drinks?

this really sounds yummy, I think I want to try this one

I found my coconut milk in a "gourmet" grocery shop but I've seen it in 'regular' stores, as JenLen says.

minute maid and Sunny D: just their regular punch in the one-gallon jugs. My walmart has this in the refrigerated section (not the Kool-Aid aisle or juice aisle).

dinas27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dinas27 Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 3:10am
post #19 of 22

My grandpa always made the best punch. he of course never measured but approx...

2 L jars crabapple juice
1-2 L gingerale
1/2 c juice from marchino cherries
1/2 can frozen pink lemonade

shanasweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanasweets Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 3:12am
post #20 of 22

i also found coconut milk in the adult drink section at walmart. by the margarita mix etc, that area. this receipe sounds great, I still have my son's graduation party. will have to try it.

BethG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BethG Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 3:26am
post #21 of 22

Koolaid Strawberry-Kiwi presweetened powder instead of adding water use cranberry juice.Its really good and refreshing

smitakasargod Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smitakasargod Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 3:29am
post #22 of 22

I use coconut milk all the time in my cooking. I get it from our local grocery store in the asian food section. You can also get it from asian/Indian food stores. It comes in cans. The best coconut milk (except from fresh coconut of course) can be made from steeping frozen grated coconut (Available in asian food stores) in warm water...blending and then sqeezing and straining the milk. It has a mild, wonderful taste.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%