Important Need Help Asap!!!

Business By chef_ang Updated 3 Jul 2008 , 12:09pm by Mike1394

chef_ang Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chef_ang Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 5:04pm
post #1 of 14

I have to bake cheesecakes today. And for some odd reason I went blank on how to do it. I have done them before but I jsut can't remember it. But I was wanting to know when you put the filling in do you fill it all the way to the top and also when removing them from the pan whats the easiet. I remember doing something with water. Any help would be nice! Thanks! icon_eek.gificon_redface.gificon_redface.gificon_cry.gif

13 replies
Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 5:12pm
post #2 of 14

What kind of CC are you making? If one with fruit I would put the flavoring in while mixing, and swirl the fruit in after I poured into pan. An easy way to get the bottom off. Wrap in foil and put in upside down. The water is for the water bath. Some use it some don't. I have, I haven't.

Mike

chef_ang Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chef_ang Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 5:56pm
post #3 of 14

it is a new york style plain cheese cake. so do i put the filling to the top??? and if i put parchement on the bottom for release do i need to put anything on the sides or they going to come out easy?

CreativeGirl220 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CreativeGirl220 Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 6:07pm
post #4 of 14

I remember on the food network channel a cheese cake owner said she takes the cheese cakes and puts them in water while baking so that they can bake even. I thought that idea was so cool.

BrandisBaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrandisBaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrandisBaked Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 6:13pm
post #6 of 14

You use a water bath when you need to achieve a creamier, custard-like texture. You do not use a water bath for New York style cheesecakes.

calynmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
calynmom Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 6:18pm
post #7 of 14

I use a roasting pan and fill it with about an inch of water.

I also use a spring form pan where the sides come off.

Fill out how full you want it. After it bakes it will level out a little.

Mike1394 Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 6:39pm
post #8 of 14

Fill the pan about 2/3 the way up. You can grease the sides it won't hurt. After it gets done baking run a small spatula around to free it.

Mike

tyty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tyty Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 7:20pm
post #9 of 14

If you go to the Food Network website, look up Tyler's Ultimate cheesecake. There are instructions there for the waterbath.

As soon as the cheesecake comes from the oven, I go around it with a knife or small spatula to release it from the sides.

I use parchment paper for the bottom of the pan, which is removed after the cake sets up.

Cakebelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakebelle Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 2:43am
post #10 of 14

Also it's best to let the cheesecake rest in the oven after the baking time is up, it eliminates the cracks on the top. Just bake according to the recipe and turn off the oven, crack it open just a bit, let the cake rest for 1 hr. then cool it completely in the refrigerator.

HTH

bizatchgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bizatchgirl Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 2:53am
post #11 of 14

Chef_Shanita's post made me laugh. I'm sure she meant something like a bakery owner or cheesecake shop owner icon_confused.gif Just the idea of a cheesecake owner. I am the proud owner of one NY style strawberry cheesecake icon_lol.gif Sorry, brain going in weird places.

doitallmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doitallmom Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 3:09am
post #12 of 14

I too, have used the 'tylers Ultimate' recipe. It states that the bath is to eliminate the cracks in the top. It's always worked for me. Also, Mike for the fruit i. Gonna have to try that one.

CreativeGirl220 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CreativeGirl220 Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 12:00pm
post #13 of 14

yea bakery owner but her specialty was doing cheese cakesicon_smile.gif

Mike1394 Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 12:09pm
post #14 of 14

The water bath keeps the outer part from getting done to fast beofre the cetner is done. Water can only get to 212. It's the same as putting a bake even strip around a cake. CCs crack for two major reasons. Over mixed, over cooked.

Mike

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%