Moist Cakes

Decorating By gracie07 Updated 2 Jul 2008 , 1:07am by butterflywings

gracie07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gracie07 Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 10:46pm
post #1 of 3

I have been told to put pudding in my cakes to add moisture and they do taste great, but sometimes they fall in different spots or have like a "tunnel" in the cake where you can see a whole. Does anybody know if I should just be putting the powder in the cake and use as much milk as what the cake calls for or should I still mix the pudding as normal and put in the cake? If anybody as tried this, please let me know asap, and how much to use? I've been using 1/3 to 1/2 cup for 8 or 10" cakes, and 1 cup for half sheet. THANKS icon_smile.gif

2 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 10:50pm
post #2 of 3

Oh my gosh you are adorable.

My suggestion is that you add the dry pudding powder to your other dry ingredients and combine that with the liquids. And peruse the recipes on this site for help. Typically it's one box of instant pudding per recipe or cake mix.

Take Care!

butterflywings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butterflywings Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 1:07am
post #3 of 3

Aw honey... pudding mix, not mixed pudding. Here's the recipe I use and it's incredibly moist and yummy and also nice and firm.

1 box cake mix (any flavor)
1 box pudding mix (4 serving size - flavor same or complimentary to cake mix)
1/2 c. oil
1/2 c. water or milk
1 c. sour cream
4 eggs

I also bake everything at 325* and for slightly longer than box says (this will depend on your oven).

Hope this helps!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%