Need Help On A Ni Hao, Kai-Lan Cake

Decorating By lila Updated 1 Jul 2008 , 9:29pm by Kitchen_Witch

lila Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lila Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 4:46pm
post #1 of 6

Has anyone here in CC done a Ni hao, Kai-lan cake it is a new show on Nick Jr. my nice asked me if i could do her cake but have no clue on how to decorate it Help me please icon_surprised.gif)

5 replies
luelue1971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luelue1971 Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 6:16pm
post #2 of 6

You coule eo a carved cake. She is shaped kind of like Hello Kitty.( I have a pic in my photos).

Or you could just draw her on a sheet cake.

She is actually on my TV right now. lol

butterflywings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butterflywings Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 6:21pm
post #3 of 6

what about going to Nick Jr and printing off one of the coloring pages and doing a FBCT??

sarahnichole975 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahnichole975 Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 6:37pm
post #4 of 6

I you google it there are some really cute pics of the characters.

http://images.google.com/images?q=ni%20hao%20kai-lan%20nick%20jr&sourceid=navclient-ff&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1B3GGGL_enUS214US217&um=1&sa=N&tab=wi

I like the character herself. Not sure how good you are at fondant figures, but I don't think she'd be hard to make. I really like this pic of them with the chinese dragon. That would be cute drawn on a cake. Then you could do some of the lanterns and flowers on the side.

http://www.8asians.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/nihao.jpg

bwonderful Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bwonderful Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 8:28pm
post #5 of 6

My daughter likes that show. I would do a cake with the dragon going all around the sides in fondant pieces and a picture of her on top. I like the bright colors of the show so it should be a cute cake

Kitchen_Witch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitchen_Witch Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 9:29pm
post #6 of 6

How about a paper lantern shaped cake with FBCT of her and a dragon or two? Printing pics at the Nick Jr site like butterflywings mentioned would be an easy way to make nice transfers.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%