Cream Cheese Icing Ordered For Outdoor 4Th Party- Help!!

Decorating By absijails Updated 2 Jul 2008 , 9:11pm by pamconn

absijails Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
absijails Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 12:40pm
post #1 of 7

Any suggestions, ideas, tips for stabilizing a cream cheese icing so it can be in the heat and humidity???
I've got an order for a pound cake with cream cheese icing decorated with fruit to look like a flag...the party is from 4-7. I'm really nervous about this cake and have asked them to serve it as soon as possible.
Thanks for any help!

6 replies
sarahnichole975 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahnichole975 Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 7:46pm
post #2 of 7

Ooooo, hun, I'm not sure I would have agreed to this one. I do think you can get a cream cheese flavoring. That may be your best bet if you can get some. Other than that, I think it's just so perishable. Forgive me if I'm wrong....

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 7:57pm
post #3 of 7

Can you keep it in the fridge and then have them "present it" just as its being served?

Also, I dont know, but maybe the cream cheese sleeve filing added to some buttercream as flavor...I don't know if that is pershiable or not someone would have to answer that one, but maybe that would work?

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 8:10pm
post #4 of 7

I am not a hundred percent shure of this. But I understand that the sugar helps the cream cheese get preserved. We use it in Puerto Rico for a dessert call quesitos.. I wouldnt use it to cover the cake..Maybe just the filling.
I would talk to them and see if they can keep it indoors as much as possible.
When I do weddings my cream cheese fillings stay well out of the freezer for 2 days..Of courde this is not in the sun..
Edna

sarahnichole975 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahnichole975 Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 8:17pm
post #5 of 7

From what I understand and have been told the cream cheese in the sleeve isn't perishable. I use it all the time and it's YUMMY! I could pipe it right into my mouth....wonder if I have any leftovers????

absijails Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
absijails Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 12:22am
post #6 of 7

Thanks, everyone! I think I'll ask them to keep it inside until they are ready to serve.

pamconn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pamconn Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 9:11pm
post #7 of 7

well, it may be too late for this, but here goes:

1 16 oz store bought cream cheese frosting
1 16 oz either Crisco or hi-ratio
1 16 oz powdered sugar
1/4 cup warm water

combine frosting and crisco. Mix well. Slowly add powdered sugar. Add small amount of water until smooth. Do not overmix

This will crust.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%