Requirements For Oklahoma

Business By Mencked Updated 3 Jul 2008 , 6:06am by lizadams

Mencked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mencked Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 3:14am
post #1 of 5

A while ago before the big crash there were several entries on a page about licensing home bakeries in Oklahoma but I fear it was lost in the fire. I am about to jump into getting legal and would appreciate any knowlege anyone has about where to begin to find info on becoming legal in Oklahoma concerning equipment, building, etc....

4 replies
SweetConfectionsChef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetConfectionsChef Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 3:17am
post #2 of 5

As usual you have to contact your health department.

lulus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lulus Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 2:15am
post #3 of 5

Where in Oklahoma are you? I live in Tulsa, and have been told that home bakeries are not legal, and cannot be licensed.

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 4:23am
post #4 of 5

every county is different in oklahoma, where i am you can have a home bakery, if you have a separate kitchen.

i talked to the health dept, and city planner when i was planning on buying a house and adding a separate kitchen to it....i decided to go with renting a shop.....around here it's different if you live outside city limits too.

tulsa county is much more strict than down here.

lizadams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lizadams Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 6:06am
post #5 of 5

I am from Ada, Ok. and I have been looking everywhere to rent a commerical kitchen, even put an ad in the paper. People tell me the best thing for me to do is put a seperate building on my property and turn it into a commerical kitchen, but have they looked at how much commerical equipment cost??!!! Can anyone provide me info. on how I can get funding to get this started? I tried a business loan but no one will give me one because I haven't been in business for 2 years but which doesn't make sense because you have to have a commerical kitchen to sell your products so in order for me to sell my products I need to make money to sell it?? And I thought this was a free country??!! I am probably not making sense but is there anyone outthere that know where I am coming from???HELP!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%