You Know You're A Cake Decorator When...

Decorating By butterflywings Updated 1 Jul 2008 , 2:11pm by Tellis12

butterflywings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butterflywings Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 4:53pm
post #1 of 10

My oldest son (he's 6) just came in with this delicate little purple flower that he said he found on the tree that hangs over their little fort in our back yard (not sure about that though, since we have cedars back there). My boys are forever bringing in little flowers (dandelions mostly, or the little yellow buds from clover) because "Mommy likes flowers". Ok, so it's an incredibly sweet gesture and he says as he hands it to me, "Look mom, this flower is your favorite color". Was my first thought, 'aawww what a sweet boy I have'? NOOoooo.. My first thought was "ooo that would be pretty on a cake" which was then followed by "hhhmm, i wonder which cutter I'd need to use to make the flower out of gumpaste". In fact, I'm still sitting here looking at this dainty little thing envisioning all sorts of designs (gonna go sketch some out).

How sick is THAT? I'll probably even dream about cakes w/this flower tonight! LOL

9 replies
bkdcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bkdcakes Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 1:04am
post #2 of 10

just wait...then your boys will bring them to you & say "Mom, can you make one of these?"

butterflywings Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 2:00am
post #3 of 10

they actually do that with their toys, already... "oh mom, can you make a cake that looks like my bulldozer" or "mom, you can make a cake like that, right?" LOL

beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 11:51am
post #4 of 10

Aww what sweet boys you have! and have fun w/ new cake designs!

murf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
murf Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 12:20pm
post #5 of 10

When I saw the title of this thread I thought it was going to be a "you know you're a cake decorator when........" and we had to fill in the gaps. So just incase, mine would be "when................ your dream of Will Smith involve him being made of chocolate cake". Mind you, I'd eat him all up even if he weren't made of cake....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Sorry I digress
Jenny

Merry1227 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Merry1227 Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 12:39pm
post #6 of 10

You know your a cake decorator when...
you consider a bad yard sale day one where no cake pans can be found!

bafishr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bafishr Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 12:45pm
post #7 of 10

Cake decorator when........

I went to pay my county taxes and the lady in front of me had her hair weaved in a bun. I thought what a pretty design that would be on a wedding cake icon_lol.gif If I would ever have the guts to try one.

gracecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gracecakes Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 12:48pm
post #8 of 10

You know you're a cake decorator when............... the ribbon on a GAP box sparks a cake design idea, or when you so much as plug in your kitchenaid mixer your toddlers come running in asking if they can help make cake, or when You spend more time on cake central then cleaning your house icon_biggrin.gif .

butterflywings Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 1:31pm
post #9 of 10

OOOO I love that this thread is turning into this!!! Keep 'em comin' ladies (and gents!)!!! This will be fun!!!

Tellis12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tellis12 Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 2:11pm
post #10 of 10

.....when you're driving down the interstate and see a woman's face on a billboard and suddenly it transforms into your face with a chef cap holding a cake.... A girl can dream, right?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%