Has Anyone Made Jewelry Cookies?

Baking By Afterezra Updated 6 Jul 2008 , 2:00pm by bobwonderbuns

Afterezra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Afterezra Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 4:41pm
post #1 of 7

I have a bouquet order for a jewelry store opening. I know diamond rings would be pretty easy. I thought maybe a necklace on a display form or a string of pearls. I also considered a watch.

Hmmm, maybe I should go jewelry shopping and call it research. icon_lol.gif

6 replies
bunnywiser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bunnywiser Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 7:15pm
post #2 of 7

If you have a hand cookie cutter, you could add diamond rings on it.

Kim_in_CajunCountry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kim_in_CajunCountry Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 8:49pm
post #3 of 7

I work for a jewelry manufacturer so jewelry-related stuff is pretty high on my list of design ideas. I know I've found some images, but they are stored on my computer at home. (Yes, guilty as charged. Cake Central addict posting on "The Man's" time!)

I'll check my files and see what I find. I know I came across a diamond ring cookie that was made to look more 3D than usual. I believe they had added fondant or something to build up the "stone" then they piped on the prongs and painted them either gold or silver so it looked more realistic.

Good luck!

kimsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimsmom Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 11:38pm
post #4 of 7

Find a simple design for a pendant, and just do the main part using a small cutter( oval, round or whatever suits the shape). Decorate adding dragees, or colored sugar for sparkle and put into a small plastic bag folding the bag top over a long piece of ribbon to create the "necklace" part. Maybe even find a piece in their collection to get inspiration from. Gem shapes would also work as a filler for other cookies.

justgale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justgale Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 2:18pm
post #5 of 7

I liked the idea of a watch with dimonds insteed of the numbers. I made some clear dimonds and other colored gems out of hard candy, using a small break-a-part mold. I'm getting ready to go out but will try to post a picture of them later this afternoon so you can get an idea of what I'm talking about.
Sherri

gottabakenow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 2:00pm
post #7 of 7

In my pix I put molded cameos on heart cookies. I didn't embellish more than that for time's sake (it was a quicky demo) but you can put little drop flowers and such around the edges. The cameos were fondant, then dried and gilded with lustre dust and vodka (you can substitute lemon extract for the vodka.) Hope that helps some! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%