Smbc Enough To Fill 4.5 Qt. Ka Mixer.. What Would Be The

Decorating By wgoat5 Updated 30 Jun 2008 , 6:25pm by antonia74

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 4:14pm
post #1 of 4

recipe?

I need to make a full bowl and need to turn 1/2 of it chocolate...

Here are my ??'s

1. What would be the recipe to fill the KA?

2. How do I turn it into chocolate?

3. Do I use the paddle attachment after adding the butter or before?

Please help..

3 replies
antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 9:07pm
post #2 of 4

I hope it's okay that I try to answer? I only do IMBC, but the questions you're asking have the same answers.

1) I've found that a recipe that calls for 2 pounds of the unsalted butter is about the maximum you can do in that size of mixer

2) you can simply add sifted cocoa or melted chocolate. Since you mentioned you're only planning to flavour 1/2 of the batch, I'd estimate about 1/3-1/2 cup of cocoa and if you wanted to add the (semi-cooled!) melted chocolate about 1-2 ounces is plenty for that amount too. I find the more melted chocolate I add, the softer the icing gets...so I only add cocoa in the hot summer months.

3) Since the butter should be at room temp, I find it better to keep the whisk attachment on while I add the butter....BUT, after it is all incorporated evenly, I switch to the paddle and give it about 3-5 minutes on medium speed for a creamy. extra-smooth icing. This trick gets rid of most of the pesky air bubbles and really helps in getting that flawless glass-smooth icing coat. thumbs_up.gif

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 9:20pm
post #3 of 4

Thank you so much Antonia icon_smile.gif ... I didn't want to make it in my 6 Qt. that would of been wayyy to much icon_smile.gif

So I will use cocoa powder then.. Thanks a bunch icon_smile.gif

antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 6:25pm
post #4 of 4

You're welcome! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%