Ck Creme Bouquet Flavor-Help!!!!

Decorating By Shanille21 Updated 29 Jun 2008 , 6:49am by bejewelled

Shanille21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shanille21 Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 12:20am
post #1 of 10

I am new to CC and have been reading alot about different flavorings. I finally bought Ck products creme Bouquet. I have a few questions.

1. is it supposed to be cloudy in the bottle...or did i get an old bottle?
2. What is it supposed to smell like? Mine smells like really strong lemon pledge and almonds. icon_confused.gif
3. How do i relpace it in my recipes?
4.does anyone have any favorite recipes using it they would like to share?
and lastly...
5. What is the difference between that and wedding bouquet?

thanks to all...i have learned alot from joining cc and everyone is so willing to share their ideas and wisdom. icon_biggrin.gif

TIA!!
Shannon

9 replies
born2bake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
born2bake Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 12:41am
post #2 of 10

Hellow again! All great questions. I'll be watching this post as I'm curious, I may be purchasing this product if I can't find a way to make it.

Thanks for the post.

B2B

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 12:41am
post #3 of 10

my answers:

1) mine always is

2) well, since I don't use Pledge, can't comment on that comparison, but yes lemon/almond are strong notes

3) I just toss in to replace the vanilla or the butter or both.

4) no fav., just usually use it in my BC and sometimes in my yellow cake.

5) haven't tried wedding bouquet yet, so no comment.

paolacaracas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paolacaracas Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 12:44am
post #4 of 10

Ok, I'm no creme bouquet expert, but here is what I know,
It is cloudy, and it does smells like lemon, almonds and vanilla, because thsi is exaclly what it is a mixture of this three flavors.
I just like creme bouquet for frosting, I use it the same amount as vanilla, but this is up to your personal taste.
I don't know about wedding bouquet.

mjballinger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjballinger Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 12:50am
post #5 of 10

Wedding Bouquet also has butter flavor I believe. In addition to vanilla, almond and lemon.

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 5:22am
post #6 of 10

Your CK creme bouquet (CB) is an emulsion not an extract (that's why it's not clear):

CB can be used as either a flavor enhancer (use in addition to whatever flavorings your recipe (cake or frosting, calls for) or as a stand alone flavoring. (Although I usually always add vanilla to CB if that's the only flavoring.)

If replacing your usual flavorings with CB, start with 1/2-3/4 called for and go from there.

As a flavor enhancer, add to any recipe in which you normally only use vanilla or butter (or any single flavoring).

Wedding bouquet/Creme bouquet:

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-592161-.html

Where to buy wedding bouquet & flavor reviews:

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-592120-.html

HTH

cocobean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocobean Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 5:49am
post #7 of 10

CB is my favorite!!! It smells just like my favorite bakery. My daughter always asks if she can have some frosting, when I just open the bottle. Because of the smell she thinks I've already made the frosting. I believe CB has vanilla, butter, almond and lemon flavor. There was a gal who made up her own recipe and gave it out here. It's very good!!! thumbs_up.gif Less expensive to make than to buy. I can't remember her name. But I know she asked if anyone was to give the recipe out again, to give her credit for it. What should I do? icon_confused.gif Should I tell her recipe when I can't remember her name? Let me first go back and look in some old posts and see if I can find it. BTW, because I like the balance of flavors in CB I don't add any other flavor because to me it throws the balance off and doesn't taste the same.

cocobean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocobean Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 6:10am
post #8 of 10

O.K. I found the old post. Here is confectioneista's CB (Creme Bouquet) recipe:

1 T. lemon juice
1 t. clear vanilla
1 t. almond extract
1 t. butter flavoring

I made mine with what I had on hand:

1 T. lemon extract
1 t. pure vanilla extract
1 t. almond extract
1 t. butter flavoring

I can't really tell a difference when smelling between the store bought and the one I mixed up. Again, CB has to be my favorite flavoring! I'm sooo glad I finally tried it!!! icon_biggrin.gif

iramirez94 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iramirez94 Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 6:35am
post #9 of 10

So i can just make a batch and store it

Thanks

bejewelled Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bejewelled Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 6:49am
post #10 of 10

wow I hadn't heard of CB, can't wait to try it

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%