Have I Ruined My Wasc????

Decorating By kutabby Updated 29 Jun 2008 , 2:22am by KKC

kutabby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kutabby Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 5:55pm
post #1 of 9

So, this is my first time using the WASC recipe (b/c of all the raves I've seen on this site!). Well, I had assumed (BIG Mistake) that I had almond extract in my cupboard. So, I'm sitting here waiting for my husband to come home w/ the almond extract. I can't leave b/c , my son is down for his morning nap! Unfortunately I had already added the eggs and water before I realized my missing ingredient. So, I put it in the fridge. It's now been about 30min - DH was in line to check out at Home Depot which is always a Zoo on Saturdays. Luckily the recipe makes more than I need so I will be making some cupcakes that we can sample before the baby shower I'm making the cake for.
Did I ruin it? Should I just start over?

8 replies
aswartzw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aswartzw Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 6:03pm
post #2 of 9

Nope! You're fine. thumbs_up.gif Just remix it and everything will turn out great.

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 6:09pm
post #3 of 9

It will be fine. If you don't have almond, you could always just use double the vanilla. I do it all the time for people who just ask for "white" cake.

kutabby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kutabby Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 7:28pm
post #4 of 9

Thanks so much!!!!

sadiepix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadiepix Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 8:12pm
post #5 of 9

icon_smile.gif
Been there! I was new to the WASC a couple weeks ago too, and forgot the almond in one of the batches...I was stirring it right into the darn cake pans as I had already poured to go into the oven!
They turned out fine, so I am sure you will be too!

That WASC is the best wedding cake recipe EVER!

SugarBlossomCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBlossomCakes Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 12:49am
post #6 of 9

What is WASC???

SugarBlossomCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBlossomCakes Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 12:49am
post #7 of 9

What is WASC???

Morphogirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Morphogirl Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 1:17am
post #8 of 9

White Almond Sour Cream Cake. You can find the recipe in the recipe section of cake central.

KKC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KKC Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 2:22am
post #9 of 9

I actually omitted the Almond extract and used lemon extract...THE BEST!!! I've even used Butter Flavoring. Everytime I make it everyone tells me that it tastes better than Publix cakes (here in Miami everyone either loves Publix cakes or cakes from the Latin Bakeries)! So this recipe will stay with me until the day i die!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%