Chocolate For Strawberries??

Decorating By jessfmaldonado Updated 28 Jun 2008 , 6:34pm by wgoat5

jessfmaldonado Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessfmaldonado Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 2:26am
post #1 of 6

I was wondering what chocolate is used to dip strawberries in?? Is it regular Ganache? I like the strawberries that are coated thickly and not shiny. I know my ganache recipe gets thick like frosting, so I dont think that is what I would use. Is there something else added to the chocolate for coating the Strawberries? I am just unsure about this, if I can get any hints and tips that would be Wonderful!!! Thank you!!!

Jessica

5 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 2:40am
post #2 of 6

I use candy melts.

jessfmaldonado Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 2:52am
post #3 of 6

Thanks Leahs. I haven't used candy melts yet. Do they taste like chocolate? Are they real chocolate? Sorry, I don't mean to ask all these questions. I just have never used them. Thanks!

Jessica

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 3:49am
post #4 of 6

Well I just do it with the chips ... I add a little shortening to my chips and microwave a little at a time... till smooth... like every 30 sec. I stir... there really is no need to use a big long recipe for this. Also in a pinch I have used the bakers chocolate especially to dip fruit in.. baking isle by the chocolate...it's already in the container ready to melt for the strawberries icon_smile.gif

Ohhh btw.. you can use any type of chocolate chip... semi sweet ... dark.... swirled... what have you icon_smile.gif

jessfmaldonado Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 5:03pm
post #5 of 6

Thanks Christi! Didn't think about doing just plain old chocolate chips. Why do you add the shortening to it? Just curious to know what it does for the chocolate. Thanks

Jessica

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 6:34pm
post #6 of 6

It keeps it's shine icon_smile.gif when it hardens icon_smile.gif

Hope you try it icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%