Another Quick ? (Thanks)

Decorating By Momof-4 Updated 27 Jun 2008 , 5:57pm by Momof-4

Momof-4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momof-4 Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 3:06pm
post #1 of 4

So I am baking my tiers now.I have the bottom 12" and bottom 8" while the top tiers are baking.How do I keep the ones fresh from losing moisture while I bake and prepare the icing.I'm so scared they will not be moist.Now that I write it out it seems like a crazy question. icon_confused.gif

Thanks,Jamie

3 replies
PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 3:11pm
post #2 of 4

Wrap up em in plastic wrap and refrigerate or freeze them. Also, I never fill/ice them the same day i bake them... or if you MUST ice them today I would wait until later tonight. Then let them "settle" for a day before your final decoration. Of course if you're in a time crunch you CAN do it all in one day, but you have to allow a few hours between each step to ensure the cake is totally cool and a little time to settle after building it. I still prefer to stretch it out over a couple days though.

PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 3:16pm
post #3 of 4

oh and if. once you slice your cakes open to build you feel they are a little dry, a little simple syrup (flavored with booze of your choice, if you like) will do the trick.

Momof-4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momof-4 Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 5:57pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks so much! I waited until the last minute to do this cake.So I already have it crumb coated.I just worked quick! I'm still so new at this. icon_biggrin.gif

Jamie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%