Marbled/tie Dyed Fondant.

Decorating By citruspink Updated 4 Jul 2008 , 5:01pm by butterflywings

citruspink Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
citruspink Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 2:12pm
post #1 of 13

I need to make a cake for a Rave party and want to have a tie dye effect on the cake.

I am using Neon/Bright colours Yellow, Pink, Green, Blue & Orange with a predominantly white base how would you add the colours to the white so that it doesnt turn brown and murky looking.

I have already coloured the individual colours of fondant but wasnt sure how to add them into the white so they don't merge.

This is similar to what I am trying to acheive but not sure how to acheive it
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1214569

Thanks for your time ...

12 replies
ccr03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccr03 Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 3:33pm
post #2 of 13

I would just get all the colors and knead them together just until you have the desired effect.

Do a small test batch first - like maybe 1/2 a handful of each

citruspink Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 4:08pm
post #3 of 13

Thanks...... I just did a batch test and they turned out greyish brown and not at all what I was after..... now I am panicking even more haha! (nervous laughter) lol.

I have decided (after the practice run) I am going to do sausages of colour with white separating the colours and twist them into a kind of ball then roll with no kneeding or as little as possible.

will post a piccie when I have done it.... keep your fingers crossed for me

birthday.gif

Michelle104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michelle104 Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 4:09pm
post #4 of 13

I love that cake!!!! Thanks for sharing! I've only done this with 2 colors but I would make individual ropes with all the colors and then space them around the outside edge of a fat white rope. Then just pull and then twist, fold it back on itself, repeat, repeat, repeat, until you get the color combo you want. Know when to stop though so it doesn't get muddy. Don't forget to post pics!!! icon_lol.gif

No! Don't roll it into a ball. Pull the "sausage" apart, like one hand to the right and one to the left and twist while you're doing that. Then fold it back onto itself and repeat. This technique works great for me!! Good luck!

citruspink Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 4:11pm
post #5 of 13

Thanks michelle icon_biggrin.gif

Michelle104 Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 4:13pm
post #6 of 13

thumbs_up.gif No problem!! Definitely post pics though!! Don't forget me!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 5:26pm
post #7 of 13

Roll the colors into logs. You can keep the colors that blend well together, or you can seperate the logs with white logs. Twist and fold carefully.

One thing I have learned about marbling, when you are going to roll it out is stop way before it gets blended to what you really want. As you roll it out it will keep blending. If you get it the 'perfect' marble before you roll it out, it will be very muted after.

citruspink Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 3:29pm
post #8 of 13

Thanks everyone for your help, here is the finished article
She loved it....
LL

Michelle104 Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 3:33pm
post #9 of 13

"Thanks everyone for your help, here is the finished article
She loved it...."

This is so cute! Great job! My daughter loves it too! I love how you did the borders too! thumbs_up.gificon_lol.gif

tony_sopranos_ebony_girl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonflydreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonflydreams Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 4:17pm
post #11 of 13

. . . . love that tutorial . . . thanx for sharing . . . thumbs_up.gif

tony_sopranos_ebony_girl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tony_sopranos_ebony_girl Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 4:28pm
post #12 of 13

No problem at all !!! My pleasure ... icon_lol.gif

butterflywings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butterflywings Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 5:01pm
post #13 of 13

sorry to hijack the thread.. but..

D'OH! I KNEW I had seen a basketweave fondant roller/impression mat somewhere! That tutorial tony_sorpranos_ebony_girl posted is IT!!! Thank you for posting that... it's been killing me trying to remember where I had seen it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%