Kitchen Rental Fell Through!!! Need Help & Advice!!

Business By bakerfairy Updated 25 Jun 2008 , 5:06am by drowsyrn

bakerfairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakerfairy Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 12:16am
post #1 of 6

I just received a very disappointing email from the woman who I was hoping to rent kitchen space from. After our meeting I left feeling optimistic about everything working out from storage space and use of equipment to scheduling. Now it seems that she just doesn't see this happening and I don't know where to go next. She still seems interested in selling my cookies at her bistro, but how could I even do that without a commercial kitchen to bake and decorate them in!! I have a couple of weddings coming up and I'd like to have more adequate space to bake and decorate in and I'm not sure how much longer I can wait!

Any advice about where to look for kitchen rentals? I tried posting an ad on kijiji.com and I didn't get any response. I could probably rent out space from my church kitchen, but the equipment is not up to my standards and I don't think that there is any storage space for my ingredients etc. Where else can I look???!!!!! PLEASE HELP!

5 replies
Mac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mac Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 1:39am
post #2 of 6

Do you have any private schools in your area? That is what I use. I pay $400 a month for 3 evenings a week (6:00-10:00).

bakinccc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakinccc Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 2:18am
post #3 of 6

sugarfairytales...I can't help you with your kitchen issue, but just wanted to say I just checked out your photosite and your cookies are awesome!! Great colors and designs! WOW!! Keep up the good work.

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 2:25am
post #4 of 6

Hi there. I just wanted to be really honestly and tell you I had the same thing happen......a local cafe was so excited to offer me rental in exchange for freshly baked goods and it seemed like it was a sure thing! I was singing from the roof-tops! Until it all fell thru and the 'not-so-'silent-partner' decided he had a voice afterall. icon_sad.gif

He was worried about me slipping and falling and then suing them...I oferred to sign a waiver and he stilled declined! icon_sad.gif I was so depressed for literally, weeks.....actuallly, months would have been a more honest assesment.

*sigh* All I can offer you is this: things happen for a reason and if it didn't work out, there was probably a reason for it. And I am sorry for the disappointment.....it sucks. But it all works out in the long run. icon_smile.gif

BrandisBaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrandisBaked Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 2:57am
post #5 of 6

I would look into colleges with business incubators. They have kitchens you can rent (which is what I do).

drowsyrn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
drowsyrn Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 5:06am
post #6 of 6

Did she give you the reason why she changed her mind? I would talk with her again and see if it was something that could be negotiated.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%