Brooksville Fl?

Decorating By bdrider Updated 3 Jul 2008 , 4:16pm by jessfmaldonado

bdrider Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bdrider Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 7:35pm
post #1 of 8

Is anyone out there in the Brooksville, FL area?

I have an aunt there that was just diagnosed with breast cancer and I had an idea to cheer her up if there is someone in the area that could help me out..?

7 replies
jessfmaldonado Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessfmaldonado Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 2:33am
post #2 of 8

I live in Tampa, Fl, Brooksville is about 35 mins away from me! I will be happy to help you, what do you have in mind?

Jessica

jessfmaldonado Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 2:34am
post #3 of 8

By the way, I am so sorry to hear about your aunt. I had to grandfathers with cancer and an aunt. Horrible thing to deal with!!!

bdrider Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 3:14am
post #4 of 8

Thank you so much for your offer to help Jessica... but we fly in to Tampa when we visit and its about an hour away... I would hate to inconvenience you so much..

When she flew us down in April she had me make one of my sculpted bottle cakes for her b-day.. She is my Number One fan and she just adores the kinds of cakes we make. I havent come up with a definite design idea yet but I'm thinking along the lines of upbeat and/or amusing.. But first I wanted to see if there was anyone in the area that would be interested. I can pay you of course but please tell me if that would be too far to travel..

She is actually my husbands aunt but I love her like she were my own and she has the biggest heart ever. This is all in the beginning stages of finding stuff out.. Only 3 weeks ago the lump was found and now its removed and she finds out on Fri the result of the PET scan etc., and she is scared to death. I wanted to brighten her day a bit..

jessfmaldonado Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 4:33am
post #5 of 8

Bdrider,

I live in New Tampa, so Brooksville is 35 mins away. I don't mind the distance.

I have to admit, I just saw your photos and am quite a bit intimidated. I know I would never be able to pull off a cake like yours!!! Your cakes are awesome, my DH even said "man those are so good"!!! lol. I just wouldn't want to disappoint anyone especially your aunt!!!!

I definitely am not on the same level in decorating as you are. If you still would like my help, I would LOVE TO HELP YOU! I am always up for a challenge to better my skills! However if you want to keep an eye out for someone with more experience, don't worry my feelings will not be hurt!!! Just let me know either way, I hope this works out for you!!!!

bdrider Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 4:58am
post #6 of 8

Hi Jessica..

I did not forget about you nor did I mean for so much time to elapse by the time I got to this new post. Its been rather challenging here this week. I have more info now so let me know if you are still interested or if there is anyone else who is in case you decide its just too far or a pain in the a** for you.

She goes in for surgery on July 8th. I'd love love LOVE to get a cake to them for this day so it can be there when she gets home to cheer her up.
It doesnt have to be anything super difficult or super spectacular.
I'm still putting some thought into it but I was thinking maybe a smiley face with a crooked smile and a bandaid on it off to one side. Just a thought..

Let me know if you are still interested. I wil COMPLETELY understand if this is just too far for you to go for something thats not that big or elaborate.

Thanks!
Brenda

pinkbiz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkbiz Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 5:21am
post #7 of 8

1st of all brenda i hope your aunt gets better and i know she will cause there is a god!

i want to say to jessica that i just saw your cakes and believe me i think that you can do it!! if i was close by i would def do it ... i used to live in Coral Springs Florida but now im in Puerto Rico a bit far lol!!!

but as i saw ones " you can change the world with one random act of kindness" soo props to you jessica and i really want to see this cake when is finished!!!

jessfmaldonado Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 4:16pm
post #8 of 8

Hi Brenda,

Well I think we need to talk details. I will definitely be happy to do this for you! What size did you want the cake? What Flavors, fillings? ( I do scratch cakes, by the way). I think we need to definitely talk, the 8th is soon and I want to be sure I get this right for you!!! Just let me know as soon as you can!!!

Pinkbiz,

Thank you so much for the compliment on my cakes!!!! That is a very nice thing to say. I don't feel the same way though !!! hehe. I always see the flaws!

You know my family has been hit with cancer more than once, and I know how devastating it can be. I make cakes and cook to make people happy, I won't be doing anything different than what I love to do, and that is make someone smile!!!

Thanks,
Jessica

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%