Tortes?? Wasc?

Decorating By kutabby Updated 25 Jun 2008 , 7:32pm by JanH

kutabby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kutabby Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 2:58am
post #1 of 5

Ok, stop laughing at the newbie icon_smile.gif But what are tortes? For the longest time I thought you were all talking about cake fillings! But a thread I just read confused me.
Also, while I'm being the dumb newbie... what is WASC (I think that's it). I'm guessing this is some kind of white cake but I tried to search for the recipe and came up w/ nothing icon_sad.gif
Thanks so much!!!!
Tabby

4 replies
tomatoqeen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tomatoqeen Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 3:09am
post #2 of 5

Torte=slicing a single cake layer horizontally into 2 or more "layers". Ex. one 2" high layer into two 1" high layers. For the purpose of more fillings, beautiful slices, and taller cakes.

WASC=White Almond Sour Cream -- My current favorite!! Its excellent you have to try it. Lots of variations!

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miny Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 7:13am
post #4 of 5

JanH you are always so helpful, I had no idea what was WASC either but was ashamed to ask so I figured: icon_redface.gif if I don't know it is because I don't need it! but now that I know it I need to try it!!! icon_cool.gif

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 7:32pm
post #5 of 5

Glad to help, it's my pleasure to assist aspiring bakers/decorators. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by miny

but now that I know it I need to try it!!! icon_cool.gif

It's a great recipe, has the reliability of a mix but with a more homemade taste. Best of both box & scratch, IMHO. icon_lol.gif

My fav is the almond version with either raspberry or strawberry pastry filling frosted with whipped cream icing:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-901-Whipped-Cream-Frosting.html

However, my DH really likes Duncan Hines orange cake (flavored with orange extract) and frosted with Rich's Bettercreme for an orange dreamsicle cake.

Everything you ever wanted to know about Rich's Bettercreme and Pastry Pride:

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopicp-1814171-.html

HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%