Question About Mmf

Decorating By bettystar Updated 25 Jun 2008 , 3:08am by andromedaslove

bettystar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bettystar Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 10:34pm
post #1 of 5

I've made MMF twice, once it worked out, the second it was to sticky, but my question is how well does it harden? i read somewhere (not here) that it won't harden well, and i have a cake on the 4th of july that i was planning on making my own MMF but! i live in chicago and the humidity can be a beast, so after much rambling how well do you think it'll hold up??

P.s I'm making a boob cake, and i'm going to use the heart shaped pan with the ball molds for breast and covering with fondant. FIN

4 replies
kimberlina25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimberlina25 Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 1:44am
post #2 of 5

you will probably be better off either using gumpaste or a 50/50 mix of gumpaste and mmf. mmf by itself, probably won't harden enough.

HTH

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 1:54am
post #3 of 5

It will hold up just fine. I'm in South Texas and it's very humid here, and MMF works fine on my cakes...better than buttercream. Here's some cupcakes I did with MMF http://darkmindseye.deviantart.com/art/Handfuls-of-Joy-Cupcakes-79954552

There's a section called "naughty cakes" if you want to get pointers on the design you're doing.

bettystar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bettystar Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 10:48pm
post #4 of 5

thanks to you both, i'm gonna try the game paste mix and try another MMF recipe and see which one set the best.

andromedaslove Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
andromedaslove Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 3:08am
post #5 of 5

I just recently did a bustier cake out of the Debbie Brown book (it's in my pictures), and although it didn't get "hard" it held up very well and I live in Florida where the humidity is a beast too. I used MMF on the butt cake I did which is in the naughty section too, and the MMF hardened really well on the bows for the stockings.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%