Question About Mmf

Decorating By bettystar Updated 25 Jun 2008 , 3:08am by andromedaslove

bettystar Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 10:34pm
post #1 of 5

I've made MMF twice, once it worked out, the second it was to sticky, but my question is how well does it harden? i read somewhere (not here) that it won't harden well, and i have a cake on the 4th of july that i was planning on making my own MMF but! i live in chicago and the humidity can be a beast, so after much rambling how well do you think it'll hold up??

P.s I'm making a boob cake, and i'm going to use the heart shaped pan with the ball molds for breast and covering with fondant. FIN

4 replies
kimberlina25 Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 1:44am
post #2 of 5

you will probably be better off either using gumpaste or a 50/50 mix of gumpaste and mmf. mmf by itself, probably won't harden enough.

Texas_Rose Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 1:54am
post #3 of 5

It will hold up just fine. I'm in South Texas and it's very humid here, and MMF works fine on my cakes...better than buttercream. Here's some cupcakes I did with MMF

There's a section called "naughty cakes" if you want to get pointers on the design you're doing.

bettystar Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 10:48pm
post #4 of 5

thanks to you both, i'm gonna try the game paste mix and try another MMF recipe and see which one set the best.

andromedaslove Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 3:08am
post #5 of 5

I just recently did a bustier cake out of the Debbie Brown book (it's in my pictures), and although it didn't get "hard" it held up very well and I live in Florida where the humidity is a beast too. I used MMF on the butt cake I did which is in the naughty section too, and the MMF hardened really well on the bows for the stockings.

Quote by @%username% on %date%