Walmart Cake Decorator And Issue With Wearing Gloves

Decorating By zatsdeb Updated 24 Jun 2008 , 3:10am by leily

zatsdeb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zatsdeb Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 5:45pm
post #1 of 3

I was wondering if there were any cake decorators with walmart that have had an issue with using gloves while decorating. We use gloves to handle the cakes when we are traying them up... touching the actual cake, but not while decorating, putting the toys on...changing tips. I had an issue with a manager insisting on decorators wearing gloves.
I don't think they have ever decorated a cake wearing those cheap plastic gloves, they are either too big or too small. you can't pick up the rings and pics and can't go fast with production like they insist. If there are any decorators who wear gloves and have any ideas or tips to share, I felt like they were just picking on me.. I wash my hands 50 times a day!
Just a little angry with the whole situation.
Thanks.
Deb

2 replies
tcbalgord Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcbalgord Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 5:53pm
post #2 of 3

I don't work for walmart, however, when making a cake other then for my family, I wear gloves just because of the dye and how hard it is to get off my hands.
I agree that the cheap gloves are terrible; maybe they could let you wear the laytex ones in the pharmacy dept. I buy those ones and they fit wonderfully, also they give me a little extra grip for screwing the tips on and off.

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 3:10am
post #3 of 3

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%