Cake Flavors?

Decorating By mlharvell Updated 23 Jun 2008 , 3:17pm by atschnet

mlharvell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mlharvell Posted 22 Jun 2008 , 5:38pm
post #1 of 7

I'm fairly new to caking and I've been asked to do a wedding cake for a friend. I pretty much have license to do whatever I want. It's going to be three tiers. I'd like to have different flavor combinations on each tier. I haven't really deviated from white cake and chocolate cake, so I'm at a loss of what to do as far as flavors/combinations. Can anyone give me some suggestions/recipes for what works well together? I would really appreciate it!

6 replies
MacsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MacsMom Posted 22 Jun 2008 , 9:54pm
post #2 of 7

Red Velvet seems to be popular these days.

Lemon

Mocha

Kahlua

Amaretto

Tropical

Cinnamon

Peanut Butter

Banana

Strawberry

gottabakenow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gottabakenow Posted 22 Jun 2008 , 10:00pm
post #3 of 7

a few more suggestions...

raspberry swirl
marble
orange swirl (like creamsicle)
really any 2 flavors that would taste good together you can swirl! (yes im a marble fanatic)

you can swirl together banana and strawberry, lemon and raspberry, chocolate and peanut butter... anything that sounds good!

post pics! icon_smile.gif

CulinaryActor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CulinaryActor Posted 22 Jun 2008 , 10:11pm
post #4 of 7

For a Wedding I would Use:

Classic White Cake
French Vanilla
Red Velvet
German Chocolate
Something Special and Out of The Ordinary!

Another cool thing to do is get one of those cake pans that have a heart shaped filling that would be amazing! I know Wilton has those not sure where else

Good Luck! thumbs_up.gif
Sounds Like Fun! icon_biggrin.gif

-The Culinary Actor

Malakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Malakin Posted 22 Jun 2008 , 10:18pm
post #5 of 7

I love chocolate/ganache filling.....red velvet/cream cheese.....chocolate/peanut butter filling......white/cookies n cream.....yellow butter/raspberry.....amaretto.....I love it all!

baycheeks1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
baycheeks1 Posted 22 Jun 2008 , 10:50pm
post #6 of 7

Devils Food is great...Almond, Lemon, Vanilla, there are so many different flavors...there is this chocolate honey flavor, pretty decent...

And for icings...so many differnt things you can do...Of course Vanilla, Cinnamon, Chocolate, Almond, Chocolate-hazlenut, lemon, Cream Cheese, I've dont honey before...and one of the best ever Peanut Butter with the devils food or a chocolate cake...OMG! All I can say is its great!

Just try different things, you come up with so much stuff!

atschnet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
atschnet Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 3:17pm
post #7 of 7

poppyseed cake is a popular one here and red velvet!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%