Cake W/choc Chip Cookies.

Decorating By elainec Updated 24 Jun 2008 , 3:33pm by elainec

elainec Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elainec Posted 21 Jun 2008 , 4:22pm
post #1 of 16

Help, I have a groom that wants choc. chip cookies in his grooms cake or the cake to taste like a choc chip cookie w/choc icing. THE only thing that I know to do is to put crumbled cc cookies in the filling. Any ideas or recipes? icon_confused.gif

15 replies
aliciaL_77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aliciaL_77 Posted 21 Jun 2008 , 4:43pm
post #2 of 16

layer cc cookies with icing in between then ice like a regular cake -

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 21 Jun 2008 , 4:52pm
post #3 of 16

Yeah you could make like chocolate chip bar cookies (bake regular cookie dough in a pan) and it would come out a little thicker and softer/chewier than a regular cookie, then just layer them with thin layers of chocolate icing.

Sounds wayyy too rich to me LOL but I bet he'd love it!

elainec Posted 21 Jun 2008 , 7:28pm
post #4 of 16

What about a chocolate cake with a filling made of a little b/c, bavarian cream, choc. chips and cc cokkies crumbled. M in law to be says he wants choc cake w/ choc chips and choc icing. (yuck- i agree too much chocolate and too rich! I am thinking the doctored choc cake mix recipe, with the vanilla/ choc chip cookie filling and then the choc icing. They actually asked her if a could put a layer of CC cookies beteen the layers so this gave me the idea above. I have spent all morning w/my friend and she relayed messages to me from Boston.

dawncr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dawncr Posted 21 Jun 2008 , 7:46pm
post #5 of 16

I seem to recall that a few people on the cupcake board perfected putting chunks of choc chip cookie dough into cake batter. It took a few tries to tweak the method.

I'm pretty sure it's on the monster cupcake thread, but I wouldn't know even approximately which page to look on. Maybe PM Sarsi or Melvira?

HTH

PS *This is why we need a cupcake forum!*

Meemawfish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Meemawfish Posted 21 Jun 2008 , 7:51pm
post #6 of 16

That is true. Someone and I can't remember who took chunks of cookie dough and dipped in flour so they wouldn't sink and then added it to batter in cupcake and they said they were wonderful. Good luck in what ever you decide. icon_biggrin.gif

elainec Posted 21 Jun 2008 , 7:54pm
post #7 of 16

Thanks, must look for the recipe! icon_biggrin.gif

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 21 Jun 2008 , 8:17pm
post #8 of 16

I mean what if you just dipped enough mini choc chip cookies in chocolate and just laid them like a mosaic between layers and wa la. Y'know just sink them in the icing a bit so the layers adhere to each other. The choco coating should keep them cookie-ish and not all totallly mushed out in the icing. And the mini size will make it servable.

Or you could always just decorate with choc chip cookies too. Y'know what would be cool? Use one of those center tube stands so the cake is up off the board. Make 4 stacks of choco chip cookies so it looks like the choco chip cookies are the pillars.

Chocolate chip cookie in the cake thoughts for you.

puzzlegut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
puzzlegut Posted 21 Jun 2008 , 8:42pm
post #9 of 16

Here's something that I've done before. I made my cake batter like I normally would and filled the pan. And then I took teaspoon sized balls of raw cookie dough and placed them randomly on top of the batter and baked the cake. As the cake bakes, the cookie dough will sink to the bottom and form a crust on the bottom on the cake. It's been awhile since I've done this, so I can't really tell you how long the cake bakes or anything. You could always experiment and try it out to see what happens.

elainec Posted 22 Jun 2008 , 12:17am
post #10 of 16

Thanks for these ideas. I went thru about 60 pages of the cupcake thread and never found their recipe.

dawncr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dawncr Posted 22 Jun 2008 , 3:38am
post #11 of 16

I looked at the cupcake thread for a while, too, Elaine, and couldn't find it.

However, good old Google found a few:

http://howtoeatacupcake.blogspot.com/2007/06/chocolate-chip-cookie-dough-cupcakes.html

http://www.cakemixdoctor.com/recipes/what_kind/cupcakes/cookie_dough_cupcakes_as_seen.php

http://www.u-magazine.com/magazine/articles.php?articleid=277
And....every possible "chocolate chip cookie dough" recipe there is:
http://www.familyoven.com/recipes/search/chocolate-chip-cookie-dough

Did you know there are:
chocolate chip cookie dough brownies
chocolate chip cookie dough cheesecake
chocolate chip cookie dough cupcakes
chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream
chocolate chip cookie dough cheese ball
chocolate chip cookie dough dip
chocolate chip cookie dough truffles
chocolate chip cookie dough fudge
chocolate chip cookie dough COOKIES

...and many more.

I feel a little like Bubba Gump, only with chocolate chip cookie dough, and not shrimp!

elainec Posted 22 Jun 2008 , 4:35am
post #12 of 16

Thank you ! I am new to this and don't really know how to find the cake things. I make cakes for friends and family as I am disabled and was supposed to be bed confined 12 yrs. ago, but I still get around with crutches. SO this is my therapy and my gift back to God, "as you have done it for the least of these." This is my service to others. I know it sounds corny but I still can use my hands and it feels good to still be able to give back in some way.

elainec Posted 22 Jun 2008 , 4:39am
post #13 of 16

Oh and the funny part of the "bubba Gump quote. I am also making Shrimp Grits for the reception. Grit Bars are big down here!

hillmn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hillmn Posted 22 Jun 2008 , 5:04am
post #14 of 16

Cambo makes a chocolate chip cookie cake from the Nestles recipe on the back of the chocolate chip bag. There is a picture of the chocolate chip cookie cake in her photos. I made this cake for my husbands birthday and it was a hit with everyone.

hillmn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hillmn Posted 22 Jun 2008 , 5:31am
post #15 of 16

I just noticed that Cambo's pictures have been removed. This is how the cake is made with the Nestles reciped. Make one batch of cookie dough, seperate into 4 equal parts and grease and flour pans. Spread the dough with an angled spatula into an 8" pan. It will be thin and may not cover all the bottom but it will when baking. Bake them about 13-15 minutes. Take them out when they have a really light color. They will continue to bake a bit after they have been removed from the oven, just like a cookie. Don't over bake or the layers will be to hard and will be a pain and mess when the cake is cut. Then each layer was filled and the top frosted with cream cheese frosting. It is very yummy. I wish I had a picture to share. Cambo's was beautiful.

elainec Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 3:33pm
post #16 of 16

Thank you all for the overwhelming response that I have received. Well, Sat night I was checkin many of my old cookbooks, and found a recipe that does come out as a layer of cookie and a layer of cake when baked. I tweaked it and got rave reviews from family. My dau wants me to make her the one that hilmn posted. If any of you would like to try this recipe , let me know!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%