What Do I Say?, How Do I Say It?, And What Do I Do?

Lounge By nikki72905 Updated 20 Jun 2008 , 6:06pm by playingwithsugar

nikki72905 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nikki72905 Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 4:19am
post #1 of 4

Hi Everyone!

I need some help! I have recently applied and interviewed for a great opportunity, working from home with a lot of flexibility. It is a Transcriptionist job that would allow me to work from home, have someone always be with my step-son (no babysitters) and when I finally get pregnant, I would not need a babysitter for the baby. I would be able to see my family because now I work at a job that, when family comes over, I have to be sleeping and I get to spend maybe an hour with them.

I work in Home Health Care. And I have become too close to my client. At my current job, my health is at risk, it is a very smokey enviornment (my client smokes almost a pack in an 8 hour shift, when he is awake, I work 11P to 7A) I always feel like I am doing something wrong and I currently work 6 days a week. I feel like when I need an extra day off for health reasons (recently I have had back trouble and had to take an extra day off work) that when I get to work, its almost like they are mad at me for taking the extra day off work.

I know I need to move on, if I get this at home opportunity because it will mean so much for me and my family. However, if and when the time comes, I do not know what to say to my clients.

Talking to my employer is not an issue it is the client that I am having trouble even thinking about what to say.

It is looking very good that I will get this opportunity, I passed all of my testing and my interviewer is going to recomend me for the at home work.

If you have any suggestions or thoughts I would greatly appriciate it on

What to say and how to say it.... I would greatly appriciate it.

As a side note, most likely the last two weeks of work (after I give my notice - will be awful!) To give you a little clue - after I came back to work today, my client's live in LPN, said to me, I am going to my son's because I have not been able to go in two days. My client does not like a lot of people in his house so his live in LPN and I are the only ones that take care of him.

I just feel like I will be upsetting them, but I know that if I do not take this opportunity if I get it, I will be letting my self down.

Please help!

3 replies
playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 11:16am
post #2 of 4

I wish they would have had telecommuting opportunities when my son was young! There is no question that you should take the new job.

What you say to the clients is "Thank You, my time here has been wonderful, but a better job opportunity has come my way, and I am giving you notice that I will no longer be available as of (date).

Theresa icon_smile.gif

nikki72905 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nikki72905 Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 6:04pm
post #3 of 4

Theresa,
Thank you so much!

I had roughly those words in my head, but I just couldn't put them together.

Thanks Again!

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 6:06pm
post #4 of 4

De Nada, Chica!

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%