Multi-Purpose Cookie Cutters...what Can You Think Of?

Decorating By robinscakes Updated 24 Jun 2008 , 3:19am by robinscakes

robinscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
robinscakes Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 1:20pm
post #1 of 6

I had to make 300 heart-shaped wedding cookies yesterday and ended up with 15 extra (I baked extra in case of breakage and amazingly didn't break any). So, I was left with these 15 heart cookies and it's not Valentine's Day. I was trying to figure out how to decorate them for sale in the bakery. I know about the wedding bride and groom you can make out of hearts, but I didn't need those. I ended up just swirling some purple and white royal icing on them and putting them out. But, it got me thinking...how many other things can you do with a heart shape? Or, for that matter, how many cookie cutters do we all have that can double as another shape? I made turkeys out of oak leaves in the fall, and I have a cornucopia that I can use as a Red Wings symbol. I also have a snail that looks like a whale if you decorate it differently.

Anyone else care to help stretch out cookie cutters out and make them more useful?

5 replies
terrier Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrier Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 1:35pm
post #2 of 6

I made little mice with my heart shape cutter...
LL

delicious_designs7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
delicious_designs7 Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 1:38pm
post #3 of 6

You can also use the heart cutter to make a female's bust with a bikini top or a female's bottom, but I have never done them. I have seen them on CC.

I have a sombrero cutter that I use as a bull.
LL

michellesArt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellesArt Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 1:38pm
post #4 of 6

you can make dragon heads out of heard(on old wilton yearbook)the heart goes sideways, there's a mouth and nostrils and leaf tip spines-i made them for a bake sale. i have some extra hearts and use not typical vday colours like bright purple and teal...circles (i guess that's kinda obvious lol)oh i just remembered seeing bikini tops and bottoms out of heart (heart up with bikini top is the chest, point down and the bikini bottom is the bum hehe)

Jeannem Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeannem Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 2:17pm
post #5 of 6

I've made corn from the hand cutter--squeeze three middle fingers together for cob, pinky and thumb are green stalk(sorry, no pic).
Santa going down the chimney uses tombstone cutter (rounded top removed) and legs from gingerbread man cutter.

robinscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
robinscakes Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 3:19am
post #6 of 6

Great ideas!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%