Has Anyone Used Rhond'as Ultimate Chocolate Mmf

Baking By momvarden Updated 23 Jun 2008 , 1:10pm by tyty

momvarden Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momvarden Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 4:38am
post #1 of 6

I am pretty sure that its not a big deal, but I am going to ask just to be on the safe side.

I have the lg marshmallows so if i weight out 15 oz of them. That should be ok right?

5 replies
momvarden Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 8:01pm
post #2 of 6

I am just doing this to send it back into pot. Hopefully someone will see it.
Thanks Heidi

cdavis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cdavis Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 8:11pm
post #3 of 6

I use the large marshmallows all the time. They are usually cheaper and don't work any different. I have also started using the chocolate marshmallows for chocolate fondant.

tyty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tyty Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 8:12pm
post #4 of 6

I've used this recipe before, I always make 1/2 of it at a time. But even if you use the large MM, as long as you use the correct amount it should be ok. I have used the large MM with the regular MMF recipe but not the chocolate. I just broke them up so they would melt evenly. It should work just as well with Rhonda's recipe.

momvarden Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 10:11pm
post #5 of 6

Thank you, for the info. How soon before do you make your batches of this? I have done the alternative MMF recipe and i made it for one cake and used it on other cakes several weeks later but i have found that it works nicer when i make it early. Any thoughts on this?

tyty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tyty Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 1:10pm
post #6 of 6

I always make it early, at least a few days. To me I does work better after it has sat a while. I just finished using fondant I made in April. I made fondant for a cake and the order was cancelled, I'm glad I was able to still use it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%