Toilet Roll Shaped Cake

Decorating By beckydenise Updated 19 Jun 2008 , 11:06am by debster

beckydenise Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beckydenise Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 11:38pm
post #1 of 4

Does anyone know how to make the toilet roll cake or a link to the instructions? I have been searching everywhere and just keep coming up with pics, but no how to's. Thank to everyone in advance!

R.

3 replies
Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 11:57pm
post #2 of 4

really very simple.

it's just a TALL stack of cakes....4 layers or so.

think of it as a standard stacked 2-tier cake -- but the tiers are the SAME size.

so dowel and board accordingly.

next decide -- do you want to fake the hole in the middle by just putting a circle of black icing or ...

do you want the hole all the way through the middle -- if so, just cut it out of each tier and the middle cake board before stacking (a small round glass w/ a thin edge would work or a round cookie / biscuit cutter)

ice in buttercream.

use icing comb to make lines on top that go around in circles to look like rolled sheets.

then for the sheet that is partially off --- that's just a piece of fondant or gumpaste or mix of two that is rolled out, trimmed to height of cake and then attached to cake at one end and the other allowed to flop on the cake board.

add message and serve!

(could also wrap whole cake in fondant)
LL

gottabakenow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gottabakenow Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 10:51am
post #3 of 4

if I were doing it I'd probably roll out a long rectangle of fondant and wrap it around the cake and drape that piece like Doug said.

debster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debster Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 11:06am
post #4 of 4

thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gificon_lol.gif Thanks for asking, I have one of these to do next Friday!!!! Thanks again Sir Doug!!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%